Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the greatest club backline in 35 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

Best 5/8 ever had to be Bozo. Haven’t seen better in 46 years following the game.
    But a complete arsehole as a person though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
      Why do they have to have a dig about the crowd? People love to put a negative spun on things even when an event is soaked in positivity.

Our crowds are better than most I think. And yes our backline is in the elite status now.
      It was great yesterday I couldn't give a shit about numbers, means I can go to the dunnys get a beer and only miss 2mins of footy.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Better on paper but not playing better. We can thank Adam O’Brien.

This is is the best roosters side I have seen. Will be a travesty if they don’t win the thing.
        If based on form then surely 2004. 42 points +342 f/a... and it was a travesty watching Freddy create enough chances to win multiple grand finals only for everyone else to screw it up.

Comment

Canberra back in the day?? Belcher, Mal, mullins, Daley, Sticky, Nandruku.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Bozo Fulton was just so skillful and classy but id rate him just behind Wally Lewis- whom i rate the greatest player to ever step foot on a rugby league field. His dominance in the rep arena (especially State of Origin) will never be matched. His nickname of "The King" is deserved
            I agree with this , Wally is the best I've seen strap on a boot . The only areas I'd have Bozo in front of him was for pace and diving for penalties.

Comment

This is is the best roosters side I have seen. Will be a travesty if they don’t win the thing.
              One could argue Tedesco has improved this year and Toops is having his best ever year. The backline is humming and we can put teams to the sword in a 15 minute blitz.
              Since Morris went to the right wing we are looking so dangerous both sides of the field and we are so good at playing the short side.
              Only injuries and suspensions can stop us this year and agree it would be a terrible shame if we don't win it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

I agree with this , Wally is the best I've seen strap on a boot . The only areas I'd have Bozo in front of him was for pace and diving for penalties.
                Bozo was equally as good at centre. Wally could play lock, too, but that isn't exactly the same type of versatility. As a game-breaker I'd have Bozo a shade in front.

Comment

The early 90's at the Chooks is hard to beat for the all time greatest backline.

1. David Seidenkamp
                  2. Shane Whereat
                  3. Jason Hudson
                  4. Peter Clarke
                  5. Kandy Tamer
                  6. Craig Weston
                  7. Brian Smith

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

If based on form then surely 2004. 42 points +342 f/a... and it was a travesty watching Freddy create enough chances to win multiple grand finals only for everyone else to screw it up.
                    The problem with the 2004 backline is that it included Finch. Probably cancels that line up out of the "best of all time comparisons"

Comment

[QUOTE=top_joe;n797393]Canberra back in the day?? Belcher, Mal, mullins, Daley, Sticky,

Reuben wiki and Ken nagus. Best club backline iv seen

Comment

I can't possibly imagine a better 5/8 than Freddy, whom I regard as the complete 5/8 - size, strength, unsurpassed running game, incredible passing game, world class defender.

Given this, I respect the opinions of fellow Roosters who say that Bozo and Wally were better. They must have been truly something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                          I can't possibly imagine a better 5/8 than Freddy, whom I regard as the complete 5/8 - size, strength, unsurpassed running game, incredible passing game, world class defender.

Given this, I respect the opinions of fellow Roosters who say that Bozo and Wally were better. They must have been truly something else.
                          It's all opinions mate..there's no right answer.

I think Peter Sterling is the best player I've seen in my lifetime but can guarantee many would find others they like better.

Freddy was one of the best...the thing that stands out for me is I reckon he set a new standard for captaincy and leadership. And there were times in his career you would never have thought that possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

It's all opinions mate..there's no right answer.

I think Peter Sterling is the best player I've seen in my lifetime but can guarantee many would find others they like better.

Freddy was one of the best...the thing that stands out for me is I reckon he set a new standard for captaincy and leadership. And there were times in his career you would never have thought that possible.
                            freddy is the best ive seen , im 40, johns was good, smith and thurston too, lockyer,langer, sbw, stuart, daley damn seen some good ones, teddy, slater, stewart more recently i guess

Comment

I wouldn't have swapped Freddy for anyone. A forgotten thing about him was his resilience - in the 9 years he played for us he averaged 24 games a season.

Comment

Yep, getting Adam o brien was a masterstroke. The strike and fluidity he has brought to the club has really brought out our attacking prowess and potential. It’s a perfect match
                                EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Working...
                                X