Latrell Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latrell Trivia

That was Latrell's second 26-point haul this year. Only one player in the Roosters history has scored more points in a game - Dave Brown, who scored more than 26 three times (when tries were worth 3, of course).

He's kicked 27 of his last 28 goal attempts, many from difficult angles. (When he missed that kick from the sideline yesterday, he was clearly disappointed. It was his first miss since the Storm game.)

He is currently on 211 points for the season. With (possibly) 8 games to play, he needs to average 9 points a game to beat Ivan Cleary's record for most points scored in a season

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
    That was Latrell's second 26-point haul this year. Only one player in the Roosters history has scored more points in a game - Dave Brown, who scored more than 26 three times (when tries were worth 3, of course).

He's kicked 27 of his last 28 goal attempts, many from difficult angles. (When he missed that kick from the sideline yesterday, he was clearly disappointed. It was his first miss since the Storm game.)

He is currently on 211 points for the season. With (possibly) 8 games to play, he needs to average 9 points a game to beat Ivan Cleary's record for most points scored in a season
    Yeah... something has really clicked with his kicking ay!

It started around about the time he was sacked from Origin. Looks like he took the sacking like a champ and used it as an opportunity to improve his game. Which is scary to think!! Latrell can get better?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yeah... something has really clicked with his kicking ay!

It started around about the time he was sacked from Origin. Looks like he took the sacking like a champ and used it as an opportunity to improve his game. Which is scary to think!! Latrell can get better?!?!?
      There was quite a strong breeze to negotiate yesterday. He has been kicking the ball so sweetly and so hard it doesn't seem to deviate from its path - it's bullet-like, straight over the black dot from start to finish.

Comment

Yep. Fittler and Gould were spot on pegging him as not being up to Origin standard.

Comment

Latrell is back! He appears to be playing with a lot more maturity as well. He has cut the niggle out of his game I think.
          He drew and passed on a number of occasions where I think all of us instinctively wanted him to dummy, fend and go himself but the draw and pass was less spectacular but precisely the right thing to do and ended up as try’s.

Then when it was correct to go himself he did. Confidence seems to be back and there’s a maturity that appears to be about him now we haven’t really seen before.

Well done latrell - we have seen him twice now react really well to disappointment. First when Robbo dropped him a few seasons ago and now after Freddy dropped him. Great signs in him long term that trait.

And his kicking - what can you say. I think latrell is a more complete player now than last year.

Comment

I would dearly love for him to run over the top of Jack ("We can't find a decent SOO centre, so you'll do") Wighton on Sunday. (Wighton is actually a great player, but I wouldn't be surprised if Latrell wanted to make a point against the Raiders.)

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post
              Latrell is back! He appears to be playing with a lot more maturity as well. He has cut the niggle out of his game I think.
              He drew and passed on a number of occasions where I think all of us instinctively wanted him to dummy, fend and go himself but the draw and pass was less spectacular but precisely the right thing to do and ended up as try’s.

Then when it was correct to go himself he did. Confidence seems to be back and there’s a maturity that appears to be about him now we haven’t really seen before.

Well done latrell - we have seen him twice now react really well to disappointment. First when Robbo dropped him a few seasons ago and now after Freddy dropped him. Great signs in him long term that trait.

And his kicking - what can you say. I think latrell is a more complete player now than last year.
              Yeah well said Lip.

It all happened just to quickly for Lattrell and not surprisingly he struggled in some areas for a short while.

But he is now playing and conducting himself in a way where you can see his class and power in waiting, to be unleashed at the right time. Like all great players. And most importantly you can see he is enjoying his footy and where he is at.

He will be over-marked by defences leading into/and in the finals so his left side buddies could be the beneficiaries.

Comment

Going to be an interesting few months for Latrell, some time in the next 3-4 months he is going to have to decide where his long term football future is, he would be well paid if he stays with the Roosters but there are other clubs out there that will be willing to offer significantly more than we will.

Comment

i just noticed he has 60 tries already...he's 22. hes on track to pass 100 before hes 25. does anyone know the most tries scored in a career?

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
                    i just noticed he has 60 tries already...he's 22. hes on track to pass 100 before hes 25. does anyone know the most tries scored in a career?
                    Ken Irvine - 212 tries, followed by Billy Slater at 190. Interestingly, after the weekend, BMoz is now number 10.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                      Going to be an interesting few months for Latrell, some time in the next 3-4 months he is going to have to decide where his long term football future is, he would be well paid if he stays with the Roosters but there are other clubs out there that will be willing to offer significantly more than we will.
                      he has already decided.

Comment

Originally posted by Half time View Post

he has already decided.
                        Do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Half time View Post

he has already decided.
                          Why hasn't he announced it then.

Comment

Hes the only player who iv seen shank a goal line drop out and it still goes 60 mtrs on the full

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

Why hasn't he announced it then.
                              I doubt he has made up his mind. I’d say he’s waiting to see what the offers are out there and then put it to the Roosters to match or come close.
                              A bit concerning that his new manager is trying to get Kalyn Ponga a 4 year $6million deal. Can only imagine what he’s telling Latrell he’s worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X