Joey Manu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Manu

Don't get me wrong I love the kid and would love nothing more than to keep both him and Latrell, but is it realistic? After seeing how well he's gone at fullback when he's got the chance there (albeit not setting the world on fire), along with the talent he showed at the back end of last year, you have to think that a few clubs would be keeping a close eye on the situation, especially teams who are in the market for a fullback (Panthers, Broncos, Saints.) I'm not sure what the current situation is with his contract but from what we've seen it probably wouldn't mean much
    #InRobboWeTrust

Might be 2nd year syndrome, but he is nowhere near his end of last year form. As long as he comes good come September again, but if it’s between him and latrell, then latrell stays.

Comment

Hate to see Joey go, but his family still live in NZ so it wouldn't be a surprise if he ended up at the Warriors further down the track.

Comment

Joey Manu in my opinion has this year looked to be in 2nd gear. I donk know what it is but to me when I watch him play I feel a similarity to watching him and Jarryd Hayne. The lack of emotion makes him seem disinterested. I'm sure it isn't the case, it's just an observation.

Comment

Let's just wait and see how he goes at Hooker first.

Comment

Why would he go to the warriors it's a deathknell to your career . Watch RTS bust his guts every week trying to drag them over the line . I know his a proud captain but a part of him must regret not staying and winning a comp last year with us.
            Ive defended Joey Manu before and I'll do it again, his been ok for us with limited opportunities this year and is missing Radley at lock with his ball playing. We have the best centre pairing in the game and Joey will be there when the whips are cracking at the back end of the year.

Comment

hes still very young learning his craft in this fg nrl gig, improved his defence out of sight when needed too, just needs some time back in his real position toestablish himself over bmoz or whoever else robbo throws in the backline, im sadly expecting to lose him as his contract runs out in 1 year?

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                Might be 2nd year syndrome, but he is nowhere near his end of last year form. As long as he comes good come September again, but if it’s between him and latrell, then latrell stays.
                How about the fact that when he looks to his right and sees...? Well He has had 3 different wingers this year and that is one main factor as to why that right side has not been as consistent as it was last year. Look at how Latrell has done without Keary? A totally different player.
                Last edited by ROC181; 07-23-2019, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                  Yes that was one of the great calls. A 6’ foot, 4 inch 22 year old who’s never played there.
                  Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                    You and your bloody hookers. You’re obsessed!

Comment

Yes Joey’s highlights reel this year would run for about 10 seconds. I still love him though.

Comment

I would love to see a right edge of 12. SBW 4. Manu 5. Hall next year.

Absolutely lethal.

Manu's biggest issue at the moment is he's just getting no ball from his inside men. Teddy and Keary rarely venture down there and they're our two most creative distributors.

As I said in another thread I think the key is getting Radley into lock so he can push Cronk wider into a second receiver which should improve our spreads on the right edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Manu's biggest issue at the moment is he's just getting no ball from his inside men..
                          He has Aubbo there. That kills any chance of attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

He has Aubbo there. That kills any chance of attack.
                            Not at all. Aubusson's hole running should make it easier for the playmakers inside him to distribute the ball to the outside backs, not harder. He also has so few Possesions in a game he's never going to be a ball hog.

Manu's form in the back end of last season coincided with Aubusson shifting to the right edge. I think that's partially why Aubusson has been picked there and I don't expect it to change any time soon.

Comment

Did you notice everyone's form improved at the back end of last year.
                              Its part of the plan, why over play players like Joey and Lattrel. Get in to the top 4 then let everyone loose.

Worked pretty damn well last year and hopefully will again this year, although it will be different again
                              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X