No announcement yet.

Pearce in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let Jimmy kick for touch. Pearcey's defense could be an asset. I wish him the best, but fear the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenader View Post
      Pearce to pull off a man of the match performance
      C'mooon... who wouldn't love that?!?

It'd be biggest 'such a fat one inbreds' of all time to QLD. I love having 2 Roosters in the team and a bunch of ex-Roosters going at each other. It's a bit like watching jelly wrestling...

Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
      Let Jimmy kick for touch. Pearcey's defense could be an asset. I wish him the best, but fear the worst.
      16-16 At the 80 minute mark. Pearce has the ball in hand. He lines up the drop goal... all our hearts stop then... BOOM...

Phil Gould: 'WOW!!! WHAT A [LAME, SCRIPTED TAGLINE]'

[Imagine Dragons - Whatever it takes -- starts cranking in the background]

This would be an awesome troll video for QLD'ers because it's super lame but would make them all lose it hahaha
      Last edited by ism22; 07-03-2019, 06:49 PM.

Comment

I hope Mitch well.
        Good seeing him and Jimmy together again.

Comment

Pearce will lay on 3 tries first half then probably collapse into his usual second half.
          I rated nsw a 50 point better side....now 1 point
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

come on pearcey...now is your moment, don't shit the bed.

Comment

Its time for Pearce to put his demons to bed or else it will be the end of the Knights season......

Better player than Cleary and that is clearly obvious but..............

NSW by 13.........
              Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
              What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

I wouldn't be too concerned.

Qlds spine players of Norman, Hunt and Munster are all susceptible under the right pressure. I respect DCE but he was MIA game 2 and is no Cronk.

Blues comfortably in the wash up.

Comment

Maybe he could kiss the Blues emblem on his jersey after he scores under the sticks to put the game out of reach for Qld while running to the rapturous NSW fans?
                  ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

This is Pearcey's big chance to finally get a series win. I've been a Pearce critic on this forum and he has failed to live up to SOO standard before, but I feel the Cronk lesson and new start has worked on Pearce. He is a better and more responsible player at Newcastle. Good luck to him.

I'd still be using Maloney for the majority of the kicking. The combination offers a short and long kicking game. Pearce brings the later to the side. If he plays essentially a feeder role, ala Cleary, with the occasional run, close to the line it should work well.

NSW look a much better side and should win well. Pearce and Maloney know each others games backwards. Pearce is a more mature player now. A chance for Mitch to star and he has a great connection to Captain Cordner. I like it.

Comment

I never got the impression Pearce and Maloney were that close at Easts but, reading the papers, it seems they really like and respect each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
                        I never got the impression Pearce and Maloney were that close at Easts but, reading the papers, it seems they really like and respect each other.
                        Could be that Maloney was the true game breaker (MOM in Grand Final too) and Pearce was by far the favoured son on the payroll. I was shocked when we sold Jimmy and kept the less naturally talented halves.

But listening to other players, Maloney is a cocksure character who can rub others up the wrong way as a big head. That's why I loved Fittler's comment that when Anasta was unavailable he reached out for Maloney.

I am unaware of the dynamics between Pearce and Maloney at Easts and always thought they were just fine though. Look forward to their reunion for NSW.

Comment

If nsw win, Pearce will get zero credit, if they lose, he will cop it big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenader View Post
                            Pearce to pull off a man of the match performance
                            Yes it could be a big game for MP there is a lot of pent up frustration re his origin history ... Watch this space

Comment

ill be very happy to see ju ju g3et a series win under his belt!

Comment

they did after all win a premiership together!

Comment

Working...
                                X