The Storm should be condemned not celebrated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Storm should be condemned not celebrated

The Storm showed themselves for what they really are some years ago - systemic salary cheats! And they are still phoney. Further, they have ruined the way the game is played through introducing and “perfecting” the wrestle. And most others have had to follow, as this became celebrated by the NRL rather than punished. And if that’s not enough, their so-called “greatest players” in Cameron Smith and Billy Slater perfected the dive to get penalties. Let’s be honest, our game is now no better than soccer when it comes to dramatic diving. Smith is now a blight in the game. His dive to get a penalty is no different to what he does every week, and the hapless refs swallow it. I rather watch the AFL and soccer, and I hate both those sports.

Yep. I also hate - with a passion - when players pretend to be injured so that they can get up slowly and play the ball slowly. Qld type teams (and players) seem to be the worst at this, Storm, Broncos, etc.
    We very rarely do this which i like. I think Trent would prefer the boys put in an 80 minute effort than pretent to be injured to save 20 seconds.

Comment

The commentators on both TV and radio chuckled at how Smith milked that penalty. They said it was milked and acknowledged how Smith is a master of it.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
        The commentators on both TV and radio chuckled at how Smith milked that penalty. They said it was milked and acknowledged how Smith is a master of it.
        A master a ruining the game. Fans are smart and will stay away. There’s very little football played these days in between all the wrestling, diving, ‘one on one strips’ and one out running. This is not the game we know. Bring back the old days. They were much better.

Comment

100%

They are a disgrace.

In a couple of years they will be mediocre again.

Comment

That's a good thing. The more talk about referee Smith's unsportsmanlike-like tactics, the more it comes under scrutiny.

Comment

He's only a master of it because the officials 'allow' him to be.
              Nothing will change unless our club makes it change.

Comment

Of course they did.
                More laughing at the victimisation of the Roosters.
                Laughed at 24/7, that's us.

Little do they realise that the laughter/ridicule is of the NRL, joke of a game these days.
                Seemingly biased refereeing at every turn.

Comment

Bellamy seems alright to me. Smith has been a great player but I don't warm to him so much. Slater's alright.

Hard to get a proper gauge on the salary cap stuff, but the Storm's record over the last dozen years is pretty impressive.

I don't think Radley's interference on Smith was a penalty - Smith walked off the mark and the only reason why Atkins blew the penalty is cos Smith dropped the ball. Still, that's a refereeing error. Sure, Smith and Slater have always been milkmen, but better to point the finger at the poor refereeing that let them get away with it.

Comment

The day that Cameron Smith retires to the warm embrace of his favorite Fox Sports presenter will be the best day for league since Tina Turner came out here.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                      100%

They are a disgrace.

In a couple of years they will be mediocre again.
                      Those couple of years have been coming for a long time, every time they lose somebody significant, they just keep plugging away to the top of the ladder, and without buying a superstar. Annoyingly impressive.

Comment

I had no problem with the loss, 6-1 pens in the 1st half, we shoulda put them away. Without going into the samantics of it we gave away a home game and lost.

Comment

Radley had just about as good sleeper hold on Smith than what Morris did on Vunivalu. Smith is the best wrestler at the Storm and look at the size of him. He just stayed in the position til the ref blew the whistle. Radley will be learn.
                          You don’t play 400 first grade games plus another 100 rep games for nothing. The Storms are uncompromising but you know what you’re gonna get.
                          Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Originally posted by easts4eva View Post
                            I had no problem with the loss, 6-1 pens in the 1st half, we shoulda put them away. Without going into the samantics of it we gave away a home game and lost.
                            Dumb us.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Those couple of years have been coming for a long time, every time they lose somebody significant, they just keep plugging away to the top of the ladder, and without buying a superstar. Annoyingly impressive.
                              They don’t win that game without Smith. He will be a loss they can’t afford.

Comment

Working...
                              X