Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keary confirms he will return in 3 weeks from now

KEARY BACK IN THREE WEEKS

CLIVE Churchill Medal winner Luke Keary will be watching Sunday night’s Origin blockbuster from home but is ecstatic about the prospect of making a comeback for Sydney Roosters in three weeks.

Keary would be wearing the Blues No.6 jersey at Optus Stadium had it not been for the shocking concussion episode three weeks ago in Newcastle.

He is confident about the Blues’ chances, declaring: “I’m sure they’ll get the job done.”

Speaking for the first time since being knocked out by Blues prop Daniel Saifiti, the Roosters five-eighth said there was never any doubt about playing again this season.

“The club has been really good,” he said. “Based on the advice we got about taking a four- to six-week break, Trent’s been really clear about my taking the time to make sure I’m right and taking the six weeks.

“I’m feeling really good. The symptoms I had were gone by the end of the first week and this is my second week back in training with the team, just with non-contact stuff.

“I’m looking forward to returning.”

We played the Knights 4 weeks ago? So he could be ready for the Tigers in 2 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
      We played the Knights 4 weeks ago? So he could be ready for the Tigers in 2 weeks?
      I got the impression from that interview that it would be 3 more weeks, so the Cowboys in round 17.

Comment

We will become a different team with the return of this little champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
          We will become a different team with the return of this little champion.
          Indeed, Jack.

And every time he touches the ball our arseholes will pucker up in terror at the thought of another concussion.

I absolutely positively 100% would rest Keary for the Souffs clash because you just know those Burgess sisters will be looking to dog shot Keary and knock him senseless.

Such low down filthy grubbery is in both their and Souffs DNA.

Comment

i agree tommy keep him on ice for the finals. stuff souffs

Comment

You guys are off your head. Our attack has looked pedestrian without him. We were lucky the dogs play like busted arseholes. Otherwise we’ve been off in attack for weeks.

You would kiss the top 4 goodbye if we decided to rest him until the finals.
              Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                You guys are off your head. Our attack has looked pedestrian without him. We were lucky the dogs play like busted arseholes. Otherwise we’ve been off in attack for weeks.

You would kiss the top 4 goodbye if we decided to rest him until the finals.
                100% . Rest a guy because you are worried a team may target him ?? That is embarrassing and I am sure Keary would agree. We have offered nothing in attack since Keary has been gone, disregard the Dogs game as they are one of the lowest 'first grade teams'in years

Comment

Hard to split Keary and Teddy as the two most important players at the moment but Keary's time away has just cemented the thought that we struggle to create points without him.

Comment

Cant wait for Keary to be back. Teddy is in a class of his own these days. So exciting to watch.

Comment

Hope Keary read this but i hope he pack on some size to soften up the tackle impacts along with other adjustments.

Comment

Good seeing Keary on NRL Tonight previewing SOO2 right now, they had a good chat about his concussion issues also, happy to hear this talk about needing 6 months off if he gets another concussion is absolute rubbish, he mentioned having the 6 weeks off is like a reset, he is now considered no more of a concussion risk than any other player on the field.

Comment

Well he better be wearing headgear, he must have a soft head, lost way too many weeks of footy , due to the concussion problem.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

I got the impression from that interview that it would be 3 more weeks, so the Cowboys in round 17.
                            Back for Wests Tigers game. He wanted to play this week, but was told to rest another week.
                            Robbo will probably name him on the bench and will be a "surprise" starter on game day.

Wouldn't hurt him to wear headgear, I mean that's what it's for isn't it..to protect the head?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

Back for Wests Tigers game. He wanted to play this week, but was told to rest another week.
                              Robbo will probably name him on the bench and will be a "surprise" starter on game day.

Wouldn't hurt him to wear headgear, I mean that's what it's for isn't it..to protect the head?
                              I think the jury is still out on that one...

Comment

Working...
                              X