Sitili Tupouniua

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitili Tupouniua

I know our forward depth when they are all healthy is phenomenal but seriously how will they leave this dude out of our top 17 in the future ?? With his limited game time has been great again today.Very tough decisions ahead for the coaching staff

He was awesome for Tonga. Absolute gun.

Comment

He is great with ball in hand but needs some work on his defensive decision making, absolutely no need to rush him, I'm sure Robbo will bring him along slowly like he has done with Butcher.

Comment

I agree we need to retain Satili. But last night i was watching the png game. There is a guy called luke page. Hes a burliegh bears player. Playing #10 . what an engine. Sign him up Trent
        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
          I agree we need to retain Satili. But last night i was watching the png game. There is a guy called luke page. Hes a burliegh bears player. Playing #10 . what an engine. Sign him up Trent
          Page has been around for a while,failed to make much of an impression when part of a few other NRL rosters,pretty much a State cup toiler who wouldn't make our NRL squad.

Comment

Pretty sure we tried to sign Page when he was a teenager at the Titans.

He has been a top lower grades player for a long time just never been able to convert it to First Grade level. Shame too, I love the way he plays the game.

Comment

I think with Tupouniua he still needs to work on his involvement. Being a middle forward he just doesn't take enough carries, that will come with time as he starts to feel more like he belongs in the team but at the moment he seems happy to let the more senior players take the carries.

He had a chance to push for Crichtons spot in the Panthers game but was underwhelming - as most of the team were to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                He had a chance to push for Crichtons spot in the Panthers game but was underwhelming - as most of the team were to be honest.
                He is no where near taking Crichton's spot right now, he is a very promising youngster that is finding his feet in first grade, he is not close to a battle hardened guy who can go 80 minutes and make 35-40 tackles and 10-15 hitups a game.

Comment

Pretty sure we tried to sign Page when he was a teenager at the Titans.

He has been a top lower grades player for a long time just never been able to convert it to First Grade level. Shame too, I love the way he plays the game.
                  A bit of a Slime Ankle? Best in U20's and NSW Cup but useless in the NRL.

Comment

He stayed with us for around half of what he was offered elsewhere. Love him.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

He is no where near taking Crichton's spot right now, he is a very promising youngster that is finding his feet in first grade, he is not close to a battle hardened guy who can go 80 minutes and make 35-40 tackles and 10-15 hitups a game.
                      Crichton isn't that guy at the moment either though. Hence I think his position is under threat should someone stand up. I agree though Tupouniua hasn't shown enough yet as per my comment on the opportunity he was given in the Panthers game.

Comment

Crichton isn't that guy at the moment either though. Hence I think his position is under threat should someone stand up. I agree though Tupouniua hasn't shown enough yet as per my comment on the opportunity he was given in the Panthers game.
                        I don't think many here realize the amount of work Crichton has been doing, against the Bulldogs he had 46 tackles and 9 hitups, he has also had over 30 tackles in his last 8 games for the Roosters including topping 45 twice.

Sure it would be great if he had a little more impact with the ball in hand but a lack of ball for the right side attack is a reason he hasn't been more damaging.

It's crazy talk thinking Tupouniua is close to taking Angus' starting spot.
                        Last edited by fletch; 06-23-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

What I saw in some of the game I watched ST was impressive especially his tackling which went unnoticed by the unimpressive commentators. The way they spoke was just as bad as the women calling the girls SOO - it was punishing.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

I don't think many here realize the amount of work Crichton has been doing, against the Bulldogs he had 46 tackles and 9 hitups, he has also had over 30 tackles in his last 8 games for the Roosters including topping 45 twice.

Sure it would be great if he had a little more impact with the ball in hand but a lack of ball for the right side attack is a reason he hasn't been more damaging.

It's crazy talk thinking Tupouniua is close to taking Angus' starting spot.
                            Making a lot of tackles as a second rower doesn't hold much weight in the modern day game. You have to offer a lot more than that.

At the moment he ranks as follows amongst 2nd rowers;

Avg errors - 8th
                            Avg penalties conceded - 7th
                            Avg ineffective tackles - 3rd
                            Avg linebreaks conceded - 17th

His attacking stats leave a lot to be desired too;
                            Toral try involvements per game - 0.1
                            Avg linebreaks per game - 0.2
                            Avg run metres per game - 81

It's not so much about Tupouniua being close to take Crichton's position as it is Crichton's position now being under a lot of pressure. Like I said Tupouniua had an opportunity to put that pressure on but didn't do enough when he got the chance.

Personally I think when we get to full strength if Crichton hasn't improved then Aubusson takes his position. He gives you better defence, makes far less errors, gives away less penalties and would give us a negligible output in attack.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                              What I saw in some of the game I watched ST was impressive especially his tackling which went unnoticed by the unimpressive commentators. The way they spoke was just as bad as the women calling the girls SOO - it was punishing.
                              Agree.
                              He only played the second half but put in 2 halves worth of defense. Some bone rattlers. Did a Melbourne style break where he almost scored and some half breaks. I'm a big fan now.

Comment

Working...
                              X