Verills & Radley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verills & Radley

I thought Verills did well yesterday despite the result. It’ll be interesting now to see if Radley comes back into the starting side. I think he was kept on the bench in case the hook needed to come out for Verills. We definitely got more from Radley yesterday then we have been & Verills will only improve with more game time.

Bring on the dogs, hopefully we can end this streak & start rebuilding our momentum.

Radley is such a great asset , wasted at hooker.
    Verills was good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
      Radley is such a great asset , wasted at hooker.
      Verills was good enough.
      “Good enough” being the key phrase. What we gain by Radley not being wasted at hooker is worth it.
      Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

When you weigh everything up, 2nd game in first grade, playing behind a beaten pack, almost playing the 80.

Verrills performance was very, very good.

My only Slight criticism of him is his line speed needs to improve. I'm sure that will come with match fitness but too many times he was 3m behind the rest of the line, especially on kick chases and it made our middle vulnerable. But when he had to tackle he tackled well, his service was crisp and looks like he's got a bit of toe when he scoots.

Very impressive for a 19yr old in arguably the toughest position on the field.

Comment

Radley is an awesome player, I'd be surprised if we don't lose him to Origin for game 2.

That piece of ball playing was simply sublime.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
            Radley is an awesome player, I'd be surprised if we don't lose him to Origin for game 2.

Best thing about that play was Vic sprinting ahead to back up...often players stay on their heels after throwing a money ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Nsw have too many light mobile forwards already. Cant see it happening
              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

With either of them we lose too much in defense. Radley gets fatigued and drops off tackles and his attack at 9 becomes error riddled. The young bloke tried hard but he doesn't have a big engine and his defense is week at contact and wrestle in poor. Panthers attack is terrible and they still scored 19 points and could've scored more. We lost the middle yesterday and it was the middles that didn't stand up, hence Robbo's naming the 2 senior guys in the middle. We won't win many games until we get a couple of middles to aim up and a hooker who can defend especially after 20 mins of each half.

Comment

I think he would make a good right 2nd row. I don’t Think Angus is going that bad but he doesn’t offload like Radley

Comment

I was impressed with Verillis at hooker. He looks before he passes (none of the stupid forward passes that even Friend and Radley are guilty of) and has a good passing game overall. Looks to have some elusiveness, meaning when he adjusts to first grade he will be an asset in attack.

Agree our kick chase was poor and he took his time. Again it's the pace of the game that he isn't used to, no matter how hard they train. But a handy player to have on the books. Definitely worth persevering with.

A tough initiation against a Penrith team running into form and with some big boppers like Regan C-G, Nikau, Leota etc on the prowl. He handled that okay.

Comment

Radley could be 5/8...judging by that try.

Comment

Verrills is a hooker and though he might have issues with the speed at this level, he will adapt. He’s far better than Baptiste and will help Jake to get a break when he gets back.

Victor will have a good 2019 once we get our stars back.

Comment

As some smart judges have been saying on here. We can’t afford to not utilise Radley’s ball skills in the middle. Our only forward with any skills it’s a must that he can use them.

Maybe I’m dreaming but Verills reminds me
                          of Cook. Similar build. Nippy from dummy half.

Comment

Originally posted by SideLineEye View Post
                            With either of them we lose too much in defense. Radley gets fatigued and drops off tackles and his attack at 9 becomes error riddled. The young bloke tried hard but he doesn't have a big engine and his defense is week at contact and wrestle in poor. Panthers attack is terrible and they still scored 19 points and could've scored more. We lost the middle yesterday and it was the middles that didn't stand up, hence Robbo's naming the 2 senior guys in the middle. We won't win many games until we get a couple of middles to aim up and a hooker who can defend especially after 20 mins of each half.
                            It’s usually pretty tough to win without Jarred.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                              As some smart judges have been saying on here. We can’t afford to not utilise Radley’s ball skills in the middle. Our only forward with any skills it’s a must that he can use them.

Maybe I’m dreaming but Verills reminds me
                              of Cook. Similar build. Nippy from dummy half.
                              So do you rate him Thirteen?

Comment

Working...
                              X