Interesting stat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting stat

We are the only team that has played every other top 8 team so far. With an 8-1 record I think weve done very well especially with all the injuries. Talk about a tough draw

And coincidently the Shabbitohs have played every team in the bottom 8 except for the Knights. I think the Rabbits will slide this year when they start facing top 8 teams week in week out like we have

That is interesting. With a few injuries and State of Origin around the corner a good start to the season is a huge plus as you would expect to lose a few games in these periods. I like the way Cronk has eased himself into the last 9 rounds....he really is pacing himself behind the main man Keary but will have to step up with a depleted team for quite a few of those rep rounds. Its going to be a tough mid season

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post
      We are the only team that has played every other top 8 team so far. With an 8-1 record I think weve done very well especially with all the injuries. Talk about a tough draw

And coincidently the Shabbitohs have played every team in the bottom 8 except for the Knights. I think the Rabbits will slide this year when they start facing top 8 teams week in week out like we have
      Top 8 teams dont really mean much when there have only been 3 good teams in the comp. 2 teams in the top 8 have had 50+ points put on them already. Any of those other 5 teams in the 8 could easily lose to any of the bottom 8 teams. Its a 3 team comp, with maybe sharks when they get about 8 of their 1st graders back could go ok.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Top 8 teams dont really mean much when there have only been 3 good teams in the comp. 2 teams in the top 8 have had 50+ points put on them already. Any of those other 5 teams in the 8 could easily lose to any of the bottom 8 teams. Its a 3 team comp, with maybe sharks when they get about 8 of their 1st graders back could go ok.
        I disagree mate would you say the doggies and panthers are on the same level as teams like the raiders, sharks or manly?

Definitely not. And it makes a difference when weve been playing the better teams and the Rabbits are playing the shitter ones

Comment

An excellent post David. Puts our great start into perspective.

Comment

Especially when you consider how dominant some of our performances have been, with the final scores not really reflecting them. It's just the injuries and allowing teams back into the contest during the 2nd half that is letting us down. Great first 1/3 of the season by the boys.

Comment

What's our longest winning streak in recent years?

Comment

19 games
                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

Comment

What a great observation you made about us playing the top 8 teams as opposed to Souths. I think there are a few dark horses that aren't really performing at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                    19 games
                    That's if you include going back 44 years as recent. Otherwise it's 12 from 2015

Comment

Our draw from here is very soft but we may drop a couple over the Origin period. I hope Cameron Smith plays Origin because there is no way he backs up a couple of days later.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                        Our draw from here is very soft but we may drop a couple over the Origin period. I hope Cameron Smith plays Origin because there is no way he backs up a couple of days later.
                        Both us and Melbourne should be pretty depleted for the Adelaide game being just 5 days after origin 2. From memory Robbo rested quite a few in this game last year as it was also a few days after origin. Plus I think Aubo was injured and Joey was suspended.

Comment

Working...
                        X