SST currently leads the NRL in average run metres per game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SST currently leads the NRL in average run metres per game

How can you not love SST, despite battling a nagging hamstring injury this year he leads the NRL in run metres per game at 188.8m a game.

Happy that he is finally starting to get the recognition he deserves from the wider NRL community, probably my favourite player in this current Roosters squad.

He has been a beast this year!!
    Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

SST is a Tongan God.

He's in his prime at 27 and off contract at the end of 2020. We simply must re-sign him at all costs to a long term deal.

No doubt a healthy pay rise is in order.

Comment

Iím a fan of Manly starting props but jwh and sst are on a different level altogether. So skilful, poerful and deceptively fast. Was not surprised when Robbo stated he was a centre in youth
        Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

most underrated prop in the game

Comment

Itís amazing that even fullbacks and wingers arenít in front of him.

Comment

I think it's easy to forget that he's only had 4 seasons in first grade before this year.

Feels like he's been around forever but really he's just getting started. I remember him bursting onto the scene like Sitili has this year, breaking the line at will, bursting onto the ball and just making First Grade look easy from day one.

I also don't think we should forget that he only transitioned from lock last year, whilst both roles are based in the middle third and very similar in requirements there is a big difference between taking the first or 2nd hitup in a set to taking a carry later in the set and he really seems to have met that challenge this year.

Comment

Class from day1..His knee injury slowed him up for a while
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Love him.

Comment

He offloaded a lot more in his first couple of years. We are lucky to have him. No team has 2 better starting props than us.

Comment

Beast - Love him too...

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                        He offloaded a lot more in his first couple of years. We are lucky to have him. No team has 2 better starting props than us.
                        Did you like his pass to Sitili on Sunday?

Comment

He did come to us as a centre and his Newtown days were mostly there. Broken ankle slowed him up initially and he'd also had leg problems before we signed him.

He really showed what he could do after the 2016 9's in NZ and JWH came back singing his praises.

Would have gone further and quicker but he has had two knee problems since and I know at least one required an operation. Thankfully he's been injury free of late.

Hodgson was also praising SST last night on Fox. Said he is one of the hardest players to tackle of all.

SST has picked up on his defence these days. He can slip a good ball, but he did have a loose carry with it. That's another part of his game that he has worked on and he is virtually the perfect middle forward now. Always liked him and he is one player who can bend and break the line. We are privileged to have this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
                            He did come to us as a centre and his Newtown days were mostly there. Broken ankle slowed him up initially and he'd also had leg problems before we signed him.

He really showed what he could do after the 2016 9's in NZ and JWH came back singing his praises.

Would have gone further and quicker but he has had two knee problems since and I know at least one required an operation. Thankfully he's been injury free of late.

Hodgson was also praising SST last night on Fox. Said he is one of the hardest players to tackle of all.

SST has picked up on his defence these days. He can slip a good ball, but he did have a loose carry with it. That's another part of his game that he has worked on and he is virtually the perfect middle forward now. Always liked him and he is one player who can bend and break the line. We are privileged to have this one.
                            Have you seen Hodgson tackle lately ? He finds everyone hard to tackle. Off subject i know but Hodgson has gone backwards massively this year

Comment

The big plus with SST is he has no baggage and is a great role model for all the Islander boys throughout the club, even the juniors, they hold SST and Lui in as high a regard as Cronk. Total professionals on and off field
                              Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Working...
                              X