Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    When you play the best and you know you aren't quite that good, you will do whatever it takes to upset their rhythm and win for your team.

Get used to it guys.

Leave a comment:

• The Axe
    replied
    Originally posted by Louis N View Post

As for Ricky's coaching style. It was all about interrupting our style with indiscretions and foul play. Have a count of how many times their captain gave a face massage, a few coming dangerously close to gouges. They flopped on tackles all game and although they were pulled up a few times, a lot of their flops and third man in had other intent. No risk that's the way Ricky coaches. And the only way the Raiders can get within ten points of the top sides.
    That’s why they lose all penalty counts; except against us

Leave a comment:

• Louis N
    replied
    The knee into Ikivalu's unprotected kidney's as he lay prone on the ground was a dog shot. He had plenty of time to pull up - but no, he couldn't resist. It was a total grub act and I slammed it in the game thread as well as noting how it came back to haunt him before the end.

Those acts need to be jumped on and given the sin bin treatment.

As for Ricky's coaching style. It was all about interrupting our style with indiscretions and foul play. Have a count of how many times their captain gave a face massage, a few coming dangerously close to gouges. They flopped on tackles all game and although they were pulled up a few times, a lot of their flops and third man in had other intent. No risk that's the way Ricky coaches. And the only way the Raiders can get within ten points of the top sides.

Leave a comment:

• Bansai Pipeline
    replied
    Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Canberra, but surely it's pretty hard to intentionally step on someone's foot in a situation like that. It's like the penalty try; you can't say dude was aiming for Latrell's hand.

They're grubby nigglers for sure, but it would take some skill to step on someone's foot on the fly.

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    Rapana never touched him from what I saw. I just saw Latrell dive to put the ball down landing on his hip & then grimacing in pain.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Tobin
    replied
    Originally posted by Smee View Post

I don't think Sticky is that kind of coach.
    Lol. Yeah, right.

Leave a comment:

• Smee
    replied
    Originally posted by stephenj View Post
    the ricky stewart style of coaching?
    I don't think Sticky is that kind of coach.

Leave a comment:

• Matty_C
    replied
    Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post
    What a dog.

First he purposefully steps on Latrell's foot causing the hip/groin injury. It was clear that he took a half-step to line the foot up and he was looking right at it.
    Then launches his knees into the ribs of Ikuvalu when all he had to do was put a hand on him.

He deserved that knee injury at the end. I'm just disappointed it wasn't his ACL
    He also came in with his knee into Cronks leg after the put down on his try.

Leave a comment:

• stephenj
    replied
    the ricky stewart style of coaching?

Leave a comment:

• mightyrooster
    replied
    Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post

When Latrell scored, Rapana stepped on his foot pinning it to the ground and forcing his leg to extend in an unnatural way which caused the injury
    Thanks will look at that again.

Leave a comment:

• BenCumminsIsACheat
    replied
    Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
    At what point in the game did Rapana step on Latrell’s foot?
    When Latrell scored, Rapana stepped on his foot pinning it to the ground and forcing his leg to extend in an unnatural way which caused the injury

Leave a comment:

• mightyrooster
    replied
    At what point in the game did Rapana step on Latrell’s foot?

Leave a comment:

• BenCumminsIsACheat
    started a topic Rapana did it on purpose

Rapana did it on purpose

What a dog.

First he purposefully steps on Latrell's foot causing the hip/groin injury. It was clear that he took a half-step to line the foot up and he was looking right at it.
    Then launches his knees into the ribs of Ikuvalu when all he had to do was put a hand on him.

He deserved that knee injury at the end. I'm just disappointed it wasn't his ACL
Working...
X