• Show
Clear All

• Darkone
    replied
    Flanno in a patch up team was terrific against a desperate Storm

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    I thought young Flanno pulled off a couple of really good tackles last night.

Leave a comment:

• Louis N
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

He's been pretty good mate. Can create or score a try, rangy type. I think JT wanted to shore up the middle more with Farmer and Collins this week after Saints outmuscled the Bears last week.

Bears will be pistof if they lose Lammy to our bench this week, which could happen with Ikuvalu injury.
    We'll know soon about that one. Assuming he is in they are fielding a very strong 13 this week. Need to after the thrashing from St George. But this side looks great on paper.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    Originally posted by Louis N View Post

Agreed JFC. The first option should be to select from within our own ranks as these guys are already in the system, they know some of the structures and are familiar with the first 17.

That has enabled the likes of Mitchell, Momirovski, Manu, Butcher, Sitili, Curran, the Farmer and Victor to reach first grade standard and play their role over the last couple of years.

The second and more expensive option is to recruit the outside talent, where the experience is a necessity or a position becomes hard to fill.

Talking of Bears, what do you think of Fletcher Baker? Seems that our Roosters boys going back to the Bears has pushed him out of the 13, I liked the look of him early this year.
    He's been pretty good mate. Can create or score a try, rangy type. I think JT wanted to shore up the middle more with Farmer and Collins this week after Saints outmuscled the Bears last week.

Bears will be pistof if they lose Lammy to our bench this week, which could happen with Ikuvalu injury.

Leave a comment:

• Louis N
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Yeah good points Louis.

The broader point too that people miss is we have two other grades that feed into the whole club. We aren't just 17 players that hit the field for Easts first grade each week.

Im just as interested in what Lachie does for the Bears this year as what I am when subbing in for firsts. If he can steer them to the back end of the Canterbury Cup finals he may well be on the right path.

It's really important to have that 'one club' culture and use guys you have developed. And not rely on outside recruitment at the expense of that.
    Agreed JFC. The first option should be to select from within our own ranks as these guys are already in the system, they know some of the structures and are familiar with the first 17.

That has enabled the likes of Mitchell, Momirovski, Manu, Butcher, Sitili, Curran, the Farmer and Victor to reach first grade standard and play their role over the last couple of years.

The second and more expensive option is to recruit the outside talent, where the experience is a necessity or a position becomes hard to fill.

Talking of Bears, what do you think of Fletcher Baker? Seems that our Roosters boys going back to the Bears has pushed him out of the 13, I liked the look of him early this year.

Leave a comment:

• Headless Chook
    replied
    Flanagan has been quite good tonight actually

Leave a comment:

• mattyh
    replied
    i thought the plan was going to be keary to half, latrell to 5/8 , flanagan wouldnt want to come and play second fiddle

Leave a comment:

• Bahrain Rooster
    replied
    Originally posted by GC6 View Post
    I’m impressed with Flanagan. He is definitely confident in his game. Also a team player.
    He’s doing really well so far, I wouldn’t mind us signing him

Leave a comment:

• GC6
    replied
    I’m impressed with Flanagan. He is definitely confident in his game. Also a team player.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    Originally posted by Louis N View Post
    Jeez there are enough unforgiving judges on this panel. A couple of errors in one game and the bloke is out on his backside. Lam has performed well through the grades - plus mae an enterprising debut against Manly. He's a Rooster junior through and through who passed up the chance to join his dad in the UK and 'earn' a position in the top grade.

Reminding me of the Midnight Oil classic Short Memory....Anybody around here heard of a bloke called Joey Manu. He made an enterprising debut too and then had a few average games. I'm happy to sau I went to bay for Joey and am doing the same for Adrian. He deserves a fair go.
    Yeah good points Louis.

The broader point too that people miss is we have two other grades that feed into the whole club. We aren't just 17 players that hit the field for Easts first grade each week.

Im just as interested in what Lachie does for the Bears this year as what I am when subbing in for firsts. If he can steer them to the back end of the Canterbury Cup finals he may well be on the right path.

It's really important to have that 'one club' culture and use guys you have developed. And not rely on outside recruitment at the expense of that.

Leave a comment:

• Louis N
    replied
    Jeez there are enough unforgiving judges on this panel. A couple of errors in one game and the bloke is out on his backside. Lam has performed well through the grades - plus mae an enterprising debut against Manly. He's a Rooster junior through and through who passed up the chance to join his dad in the UK and 'earn' a position in the top grade.

Reminding me of the Midnight Oil classic Short Memory....Anybody around here heard of a bloke called Joey Manu. He made an enterprising debut too and then had a few average games. I'm happy to sau I went to bay for Joey and am doing the same for Adrian. He deserves a fair go.

Leave a comment:

• Vasco
    replied
    I hope Lam makes it. However, it's professional sport and the Roosters are about winning.

If he doesn't show enough in the few remaining chances he gets this season the pressure will be on him.

Leave a comment:

• Cockadoodledoo
    replied
    The club should do what they can to bring in AJ Brimson. He is going to be an absolute superstar.

Leave a comment:

• The Sack
    replied
    Keary to half and Mitchell to five eight.

Leave a comment:

• Bondicigar
    replied
    Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
    Keary will be our long term 7 in my opinion
    Yes and should be origin half. We should be chasing a 6

Leave a comment:

Working...
X