Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trewhella
    replied
    I heard a great quote about Flanno the other day, I bloke that has known him since a kid said I would like to buy him at my price and sell him at his price.
    we should not brand his son in the same vein. His mother is apparently a lovely human.
    stick with Lammys son

Leave a comment:

• Waylander
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
    Be surprised if our halves combo isn't Lam/Keary next year.
    Interestingly, in the paper today it claims that we see Lattrells future as a 5/8. That’s possibly just an excuse to pay him more.

Leave a comment:

• stephenj
    replied
    we do need a back up half for keary though i expect keary to go onto soo half and australian half so we will be in need of another top notch halfback for those occasions plus injuries?

Leave a comment:

• Roosterfarian
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
    If Kyle is anything like his father then he can stay on his side of the Taren Point Road.
    I agree. His dad was a **** of a human being.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    Be surprised if our halves combo isn't Lam/Keary next year.

Leave a comment:

• The Skeez
    replied
    We offered the younger Brailey a deal which he knocked back. He did say he was seriously tempted by us though.

Unless we need a goal kicker because ours may fly the coup?

Leave a comment:

• Johnny73
    replied
    If Kyle is anything like his father then he can stay on his side of the Taren Point Road.

Leave a comment:

• Kingbilly
    replied
    Young Lam has a much much better head on his shoulders than Hastings does or ever will.
    I won't bother to think about rating Chad whatshisface until he gets rid of that ****ing wombat on his head

Leave a comment:

• Cockadoodledoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
    Keary will be our long term 7 in my opinion
    Definitely imho.

Leave a comment:

• Easts75
    replied
    Keary will be our long term 7 in my opinion

Leave a comment:

• trewhella
    replied
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• top_joe
    replied
    Don't think we need to chase any youngsters as we have done pretty well recently and there is no need to change.

I just hope Robbo and Nick keep buying stars at the right price (ie Fergo and Jennings), and letting them go at the right time.

It is amazing that we (all NRL fans) have this expectation that youngsters need to come in and be dominant in their positions straight away.

Leave a comment:

• trewhella
    started a topic Lachlan Lam Kyle Flanagan Jackson Hastings

Lachlan Lam Kyle Flanagan Jackson Hastings

I can’t believe the club is considering Kyle Flanagan as a replacement for Lachlan.
    Lammys son has only had a limited impact in a gun side and he feels the need to prove himself I reckon.

the word on the street is that the real gun from the shire is the younger Brailey, and I bloody agree by watching him play. That kid is the one we should have grabbed.
    Kyle has had mixed reviews over the years, Lachlan had a pretty consistent reputation that he would make it in the toughest arena.

Then you have to consider if they are both Jackson Hastings types?
    Famous father, big junior reputations but struggled at the top level.

Chad Townsend came with a big junior rep. Was pretty ineffective for about 4 years, was exiled to the Warriors and came back a different player.
    He almost packed it in at one stage after his spirit broken by The coach. He fought on, he improved and he is now a premiership winner and a valued halfback.

its a lot of pressure for young kids
Working...
X