Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend

I’m surprised there isn’t a thread on this. I just heard Paul Kent suggest there’s a concern that Jake may have ruptured his bicep. It goes without saying, I hope this is not true.

I hope that it isn’t true, he’s just come back from injury

Comment

Robbo said he had an ankle thing that's not serious at all.

Comment

Kent did say it was just a rumour.

Said he spoke to someone from the Roosters team (female, didn't recognise the name) who said she was unaware of it and that the players had already left so she couldn't confirm. The players have their medicals tomorrow morning so we'll know more then.

Comment

There was definitely something wrong with his arm or shoulder. One arm was hanging limp before he went off.

Comment

If so he will miss 4 months...Hope not
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I didn't see any sign of an ankle injury, but he hurt his right shoulder or arm. in a tackle with about 18 minutes to go and went off straight after that. He doesn't go off for just a stinger. Came back on with heavy strapping on his bicep with 6 minutes to go. He wouldn't have come back on if it wasn't so close.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                Robbo said he had an ankle thing that's not serious at all.
                Don’t believe Robbo when it comes to injury talk.

Comment

NRL Physio has posted about it and The Sporting News has picked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce 38-0 View Post
                    NRL Physio has posted about it and The Sporting News has picked it up.
                    And saying that to return after rupturing your bicep is pretty much impossible, but who knows?

Btw, I for one have no problem in Robbo not being as honest and open about what he says to the media. No other long serving coach in the history of the NRL was as honest and open as Robbo was, but he has tweaked it a bit. So long as he is honest and open with the players is all that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                      Kent did say it was just a rumour.

Said he spoke to someone from the Roosters team (female, didn't recognise the name) who said she was unaware of it and that the players had already left so she couldn't confirm. The players have their medicals tomorrow morning so we'll know more then.
                      That's a lie then. The only female in the roosters team was Dallas Hood and she left years ago. How would she know?

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

And saying that to return after rupturing your bicep is pretty much impossible, but who knows?

Btw, I for one have no problem in Robbo not being as honest and open about what he says to the media. No other long serving coach in the history of the NRL was as honest and open as Robbo was, but he has tweaked it a bit. So long as he is honest and open with the players is all that counts.
                        I agree. Why show your cards to the opposition. I’ve learnt with Robbo not to pay too much attention to the Tuesday side.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

That's a lie then. The only female in the roosters team was Dallas Hood and she left years ago. How would she know?
                          And Dallas’ wife Jamie Soward.

Comment

Did we end up signing Cameron king from parra?

would be handy now.

Comment

Brent ReadþVerified account @brentread_7 23m23 minutes ago Roosters have confirmed Jake Friend has gone for scans. Results later today.

Comment

Working...
                              X