No announcement yet.

Celery leaf rorters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this now mean a big congrats to Cords for being the long term Aussie captain? Well done if so.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
      So again, good riddance to the wife beating, dangerous drink driving, undeserving media darling slob.
      I hope when Latrell retires he has played 39 tests, 32 SOO, won the Dally M award, won the Clive Churchill medal and won the Golden Boot.

Comment

I don't really want to comment about the off field stuff, which to generalise I'm not interested in.

Inglis as a footballer: For Souths he was dynamic between 2012 and 2014. He was a huge reason Souths were a top 4 side in those years.

In 2015 he had knee surgery, & for me has never been the same since. He showed patches, but he was no longer dynamic.

In the matches this season he was very off the pace. Lafai rang rings around him in Round 2 & it was clear that his best days were behind him.

On balance, Inglis wasn't consistent enough to be an Immortal. But he certainly had an excellent career.

Comment

So again, good riddance to the wife beating, dangerous drink driving, undeserving media darling slob.
          You forgot salary cap rorting (from his Storm days) and dishonourable (dissing Bris for the Vermin) but otherwise it's a pretty good character assessment. More accurate than the one Greenturd gave him.
          Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

I hope when Latrell retires he has played 39 tests, 32 SOO, won the Dally M award, won the Clive Churchill medal and won the Golden Boot.
            sometimes those awards are spot on and sometimes they are a joke.

But since you appear to put a lot of weight on this things, you must rate the unknown pommy who the golden boot joke award last year. Or the manly player than won the churchill medal in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Half time View Post

sometimes those awards are spot on and sometimes they are a joke.

But since you appear to put a lot of weight on this things, you must rate the unknown pommy who the golden boot joke award last year. Or the manly player than won the churchill medal in 2013.
              So your saying all his achievements were a fluke or undeserved.

Look i get he was a Souths player and there's a element of hate between us and them.....but Inglis has always been a very special player. Can't we just save our hate for Cody Walker who carries on like he is the greatest ever and has actually achieved nothing besides wasting most of his career at Star City?

Comment

So your saying all his achievements were a fluke or undeserved.

Look i get he was a Souths player and there's a element of hate between us and them.....but Inglis has always been a very special player. Can't we just save our hate for Cody Walker who carries on like he is the greatest ever and has actually achieved nothing besides wasting most of his career at Star City?
                No I didn't say that. I just don't put any emphasis in awards like those that are handed out by biased judges. Sometimes the biased judges get it right (like Keary last year) but other times they get it horribly wrong like in 2013 and 2002 etc. I would be too embarrased to mention golden boot after last years debarcle

Comment

Good luck to GI. At his best he was as good a fullback or centre as anyone. So big and strong.

Interesting what this means to souths chances. Not having an in form Inglis could be as big a blow to souths as losing Barber was to the Cowboys. Don't know what substitute is realistically out there to make them super competitive.

Comment

He's not even in the same ballpark as the Immortals.

If the likes of Freddy and Sterlo can't garner Immortal status then Inglis is less than zero chance.

I can’t remember Freddy playing a poor game for us but geez, I can only remember half a dozen outstanding club games for souffs. Paced and timed his run for SOO
                    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

In the cardinal and myrtle?

Comment

He's not even in the same ballpark as the Immortals.

If the likes of Freddy and Sterlo can't garner Immortal status then Inglis is less than zero chance.

Fair go mate. He was a wrecking ball. A champion player. One of the best I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post

Fair go mate. He was a wrecking ball. A champion player. One of the best I've ever seen.
                          When it suited him.

For me, he was an exceptionally gifted athlete: size, strength and speed that made him a formidable opponent - when he was on. He lacked consistency, and he was not a wonderful FOOTBALLER, certainly not on par with the greats mentioned above. His legacy will always be tainted by the cap rorting and off-field antics for me.

Comment

i have a memory of gi at melbourne game 1 pickinbg up jamie soward and throwing him away like a dishrag, he was with merge then. not us

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                              i have a memory of gi at melbourne game 1 pickinbg up jamie soward and throwing him away like a dishrag, he was with merge then. not us
                              Surprised Jamie couldn’t get out of the way
                              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

When it suited him.

For me, he was an exceptionally gifted athlete: size, strength and speed that made him a formidable opponent - when he was on. He lacked consistency, and he was not a wonderful FOOTBALLER, certainly not on par with the greats mentioned above. His legacy will always be tainted by the cap rorting and off-field antics for me.
                                Bingo.

Freddy was twice the pure footballing talent of Inglis but bizarrely never rates a mention in the Immortal debate.

Also, Latrell is GIs equal as an athlete but with considerably greater footballing talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X