Joey "the Artist" Manu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey "the Artist" Manu

This man is a classical painter. And the football is his brush.

The way he set Ikuvalu away is his signature move.

It's how you'd envision pulling off the move in your dreams.

It's how we'd do it in a computer game on easy mode.

But Joey makes it happen in the heat of the moment at the highest level.

The way he drew in three defenders and got the flick pass away around the corner was just... INCREDIBLE.

And he does it on a regular basis.

I've never seen a more skillful centre and I hope that, like Latrell, he remains a Rooster for life.

Thought his defence was strong too. Positionally, still work to do but I feel as though he is building toward his 2018 form when he drew so much confidence from his defence.

Comment

Yes it was a brilliant move, and he has done it before. Great work Joey.

Comment

He is a special player, good post TJ.

Ive always been a fanboy of Joey, his skills are phenomenal. A bit like Mark Gasnier with extras.

The development last year that impressed me most though was his sheer physicality, and realising the strength he possesses.

Comment

I think if pressed....I'd choose him over Latrell.......god....how hard a decision would that be if required.

Comment

dont even contemplate it nicola

Comment

Joey is good but Latrell is better.

Comment

Frightening to think that we've got arguably the best two centres in the world and they're locked up for at least another two years.

We've also got - without doubt - the best fullback in the world and the best club halves pairing in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                  Frightening to think that we've got arguably the best two centres in the world and they're locked up for at least another two years.

We've also got - without doubt - the best fullback in the world and the best club halves pairing in the world.
                  It is amazing the club could recruit so wellt. And also a half who has retired from rep footy and will be available all year, barring injury of course.

I love watching this current team. They are well organised on the field and yet come up with sensational plays due to the individual talents of these guys.

Cronk's briliant kicking, Keary's great kicking and running and passing game, Mitchell's sheer explosiveness and natural talents, Manu's great hands and dancing feet, Tupou's aerial skills, the shock factor and sheer speed of Tedesco accompanied by his wonderful defensive game. Truly a great side.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

It is amazing the club could recruit so wellt. And also a half who has retired from rep footy and will be available all year, barring injury of course.

I love watching this current team. They are well organised on the field and yet come up with sensational plays due to the individual talents of these guys.

Cronk's briliant kicking, Keary's great kicking and running and passing game, Mitchell's sheer explosiveness and natural talents, Manu's great hands and dancing feet, Tupou's aerial skills, the shock factor and sheer speed of Tedesco accompanied by his wonderful defensive game. Truly a great side.
                    I guess it doesnt matter that your completion rate is diabolical when you defend so well

Comment

That was amazing by Joey on Saturday. I still remember a line break he made against the Warriors on his debut. Its a shame he will be out for the Good Friday match against the cheats

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

Skippered by a rock & Blues Captain

A pug in Friend

& all lead up front by JWH

We have a very scary team....time to sort out those pretenders next Friday
                        "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                          He is a special player, good post TJ.

Ive always been a fanboy of Joey, his skills are phenomenal. A bit like Mark Gasnier with extras.

The development last year that impressed me most though was his sheer physicality, and realising the strength he possesses.
                          Am I exaggerating if I say he reminds me of Israel Folau but without the anti-gay Twitter rants? Similar height and physique (looks slim due to his baby face + gentle personality but he's an absolute machine)... amazing all-round athlete, strong ball runner (good lateral movement...etc), good finisher and has a freakish offload.

Comment

Working...
                          X