This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty Rumour

I got this from somebody who has close connections to the club.

Around round 5 a salary cap breach will be announced for us.

What I don't know is how major it is. Hoping it's an accounting glitch and not a Storm style, premiership stripping fiasco.

Anyone else heard this?

It's 6 and I've heard nothing. Presumably a false rumour :P

Comment

No. Rubbish. Move on.

Comment

Nasty Rumour

I hope thats all it is.

Comment

'Around round 5' - what? these announcements are planned 5 weeks in advance?

There are 'salary cap breaches' every year and most of them don't involve the loss of premiership points (let alone premierships). I'll wait until any announcement before I start to worry.

Off to the game ...

Comment

Comment

Are you all children. Rumors lol are a dime a dozen, move on and enjoy the season ahead as current world champions.

Comment

I would question why the people connected the club would be spreading this.

If it turns out to be false then all they have succeeded in doing is getting this on public forums, which are read by people looking for this type of information.
                Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

premierships only get scratched on paper.

they still happened, cam Smith is right, would anybody be bothered if they actually got taken away from us.

Comment

Doesn't Ian Schubert handle our cap compliance ? I would be extremely surprised if there was an issue at all.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                      premierships only get scratched on paper.

they still happened, cam Smith is right, would anybody be bothered if they actually got taken away from us.
                      Um, yes.

Comment

I doubt it. I’m sure someone posted a rumour about us being over the cap last year...and the year before that. Nothing happened
                        EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

A load of nonsense.

It comes down to whether you trust Trent Robinson & Uncle Nick.

And I do implicitly.

Comment

I heard this in the off season.
                            Nothing to worry about, it’s a minor amount of around $25,000. Something to do with the second tier cap.
                            From what I was told this happens regularly at a lot of clubs and will only result in a small fine. Around 50% of teams have a similar amount happen every year and the NRL announces them all at the same time. It’s not the first time this has happened to us.
                            This nothing like Melbourne, Canterbury, Manly or Parramatta.

Comment

My brother saw a sex tape yesterday where the dude is a dead ringer for Sam Burgess.

If true, would be huge.
                              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Working...
                              X