Your real early season expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your real early season expectations

Look we all want to smash these toofless Meth drinking oxygen theives on Friday night, but will we, apart from the rivalry from a footy perspective what if we don’t, like many teams like Souffs and the merge found out again the competition is a marathon not a sprint race, Will Robby have them firing on all cylinders early on? Don’t get me wrong I want to win every farking week but I’m learning to be patient
    Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Souffs looked good in their grand final, I must admit. Bennett will have Burgearse on short leash. Choir boy stuff for first few rounds

i simply expect to see latrell run rings around Inglarse. We have too much firepower across park. Whilst their grubs are elbowing creighton and taking our kickers out late, we’ll create opportunities elsewhere
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

we should win, not easily but by a converted try at least. if we don't win i won't be terribly concerned, ive said if we are 6 from 10 and building we will be ok.

Comment

I expect us to start the competition strongly. The players will want to prove why they are the premiers.

There will be a lull at some point during the season, the Chookpen will go into meltdown, then we will finish strongly.
        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Robbo knows it is a loooooong season. I am predicting a slow/steady start to the year. Robbo won’t be flogging the boys yet and knows they are still returning to earth from the heights of taking out the comp. we have also had a fairly disjointed preseason. I won’t be surprised if the LOL edge out a win this week. But I can cop that if we peak at the right time again like 2018.
          Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Due to us being the 2018 premiers inexpect us to win the close early season games.
            Furthermore, an improvement from the match officials and bunker now that Annerseley is in charge.

Comment

Interesting to see what our pre-season preparation will do to us. Traditionally people have complained about having to play the WCC, but we used it as our one hit out and made up for lost time by using our last few weeks for training, not playing a trial.

Comment

There’ll be dropped ball, missed tackles , silly penalties, calls to sack coach, players, trainers etc... however it’s the journey to the big dance and when it matters we will be there. Little stumbles along the way, but I think at the end is where it matters, and hopefully we’ll be there.

Comment

I'd like to be in the 8 come Origin, get through that period with some wins, and then for us to start playing real footy.

(But I wouldn't say no to an undefeated season either.)

Comment

I must admit I am very worried about Friday night's game.

I believe Bennett has the wood on coat Robinson, happy to be corrected.

And as for the SCG surface. Well I would hate to lose any of our players on that snd trap.

Comment

Leading up to the Anzac game you would like at least 4-3

Souths H
                      Manly A
                      Parra A
                      Brisbane H
                      Cronulla A
                      Melbourne A
                      Illawarra H

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

I recall that during the WCC in the second half we were attacking Wigan in their own half. I can’t remember if it was a bomb on the 6th or we ran at them and somehow Wigan got the ball without us knocking on. Wigan knocked it on and we got the ball back and whoever got the ball back for us passed and they weren’t aware we had 6 again and we were passing it like it was our last tackle and then we knocked it on. The ref awarded a scrum to us. I then see Cooper waving his arms like a crazy bird to our players screaming at them to settle down. That to me showed that Cronk is still with the mindset of winning and I’m sure that this season he will be more vocal as the onfield leader/coach. So glad that we have him.

As for Friday, yes Bennet has the wood on Robbo but that was at Brisbane, and maybe Saints BUT I don’t fear Souths one iota. Of course it’s up to us to win it or lose but the GF heroics will give them so much confidence in their ability to overcome adversity. Roosters by 30 points... I hope!

Comment

Robbo vs Old Wayne is 7 wins apiece.

Robbo has a 2-1 H2H advantage in the finals.

So it's a myth that Waynker has the wood on Trent.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                            Leading up to the Anzac game you would like at least 4-3

Souths H
                            Manly A
                            Parra A
                            Brisbane H
                            Cronulla A
                            Melbourne A
                            Illawarra H
                            As premiers and with the team we have that would be pretty mediocre. My expectations are higher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Red. View Post
                              I must admit I am very worried about Friday night's game.

I believe Bennett has the wood on coat Robinson, happy to be corrected.

And as for the SCG surface. Well I would hate to lose any of our players on that snd trap.
                              Thanks to Tommy Smith you have been corrected.

Nice work Tommy.

Comment

Working...
                              X