Changes needed to go back to back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NRL has a mandate regarding success
    barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

The Storm have figured in the last three grand finals and went within a whisker if taking out 2016. It's been more than 25 years and one team has to do it soon. No reason it can't be us. We've got the rails run for now. Just have to keep the pride in the red, white and blue and keep focused.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
        The Storm have figured in the last three grand finals and went within a whisker if taking out 2016. It's been more than 25 years and one team has to do it soon. No reason it can't be us. We've got the rails run for now. Just have to keep the pride in the red, white and blue and keep focused.
        IMO like last season we will have to keep building throughout the year if we wanna get anywhere. We'll also need a bit of luck on our side.

The Storm have significantly benefited from widespread cheating that funnelled a full generation of QLD rep players (identified by QLD's recruiters - including players strategically pinched from NSW) into their team. While they were forced to break things up a little, the core pillars remained and this attracted lotsa players to join them on lower salaries...etc just to play with the squad they'd developed.

We have more than the Storm. We've slowly built up a team and have a better mix of players than the Storm. I reckon we have better tactics too because we focus on playing positively rather than grinding and trying to get the refs onside. For us the refs are never onside but we've learned to win regardless. IMO Cam Smith woulda ordered Munster to do that first penalty and was struck with disbelief when (rather than gaining the benefit of a simple penalty that allows them to get a rest + everybody back in defence), the ref was like 'OFF!!!' A little like JT under pressure... the Storm are little flowers who lose their shyte when things don't go their way.

We don't have the above problems and we have recruited a mixture of players. 2019 has a ring to it...

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
          The NRL has a mandate regarding success
          If you're referring to the share the trophy compaign, I see where you're coming from.
          We're gonna do it hard with the game manangers "interpretations", and we wont get a break all year.
          The nrl would've copped melbourne going back to back to give them one last chance of kissing slaters ass, but they're going to do what they can to stop us.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

If you're referring to the share the trophy compaign, I see where you're coming from.
            We're gonna do it hard with the game manangers "interpretations", and we wont get a break all year.
            The nrl would've copped melbourne going back to back to give them one last chance of kissing slaters ass, but they're going to do what they can to stop us.
            Not so sure ..the refs are too ease off apparently ..let the game flow minimise the penalties.
            We should score a mountain of tries as long as our forwards stand up.
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
              Not so sure ..the refs are too ease off apparently ..let the game flow minimise the penalties.
              We should score a mountain of tries as long as our forwards stand up.
              I hope you're right.
              hard to be optomistic when you've got no faith in the nrl or their game managers.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

I hope you're right.
                hard to be optomistic when you've got no faith in the nrl or their game managers.
                The Roosters have been the most successful team since Super League. The NRL & the game managers treat the Roosters no different to any other club.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                  The Roosters have been the most successful team since Super League. The NRL & the game managers treat the Roosters no different to any other club.
                  I wish I could agree with with you, but history backs up my pessimism.

Comment

Working...
                  X