Roosters having a week long training camp in France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
    Now the question is, who will replace Latrell at left centre?
    Mr Fixit - Maubs!!

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
      Very disappointing decision by Latrell.
      The all stars game is a joke, despite the nrl spin doctors playing the race card.
      Rep football is a joke as well. In rugby league the club should always come first.
      I'm surprised you find Trell's decision disappointing Eddie.

Trell is a proud indigenous man and he wants to represent his culture every occasion he can. And it is more about just the game, the team has a week long camp where they visit indigenous communities etc and spread the word about health and education and making the most of your opportunities - something that is real problem in those communities and a cause very close to Trell's heart.

The actual game is just the end result of a week of community work that does a hell of a lot more good for indigenous people than playing against Wigan will. Trell is looking at the bigger picture, and good on him for recognising the difference NRL players like him can make.
      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post

I'm surprised you find Trell's decision disappointing Eddie.
        I see your point, I'm not unfeeling.
        I guess the nrl shouldn't have put Latrell in the position where he had to choose.

Comment

Well said, Novice.

Comment

On a side note, was his old man still on the gear when he named his kids Trell & Shaq ??

Comment

Maybe Billy Smith?

Comment

We are short of centres aren't we?
                Aubs to the rescue!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Maybe Billy Smith?
                  Knee injury = out for another 3 months

Comment

A little surprised by Latrell's decision here.

I completely understand the importance of the game/week for the indigenous players, but the All-Stars game comes along once a year, every year. As a very young player who is already seen as the best centre in the game, surely Latrell will be assured of playing in at least 10+ of these games over the course of his career.

Whereas the opportunity to play in a WCC game is something the majority of players don't get the chance to do.

Latrell (as unlikely as it may seem now) might not get a chance to play in a WCC again.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                      A little surprised by Latrell's decision here.

I completely understand the importance of the game/week for the indigenous players, but the All-Stars game comes along once a year, every year. As a very young player who is already seen as the best centre in the game, surely Latrell will be assured of playing in at least 10+ of these games over the course of his career.

Whereas the opportunity to play in a WCC game is something the majority of players don't get the chance to do.

Latrell (as unlikely as it may seem now) might not get a chance to play in a WCC again.
                      Yes and no - while there's no doubt we're taking the WCC seriously, its status is questioned by some and its importance is probably below a normal club game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        No Keary, no Latrell.....don't put the house on us..
                        I was watching Wigans match against St Helens played yesterday I think.. The didn't show much to worry us even with Keary & Latrell out. If Cronk is playing then I expect that whoever takes Lukes place will be well directed and as far as Latrell replacement I believe that maybe Ikavalu might come in as well BMorris. Morris with his experience should do well where ever he fits in and Ikavalu has done well when thrown in, assuming they travel.

Comment

Working...
                        X