No announcement yet.

Drew Hutchison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Roosters have snapped up Leigh halfback Drew Hutchison from England as the possible long-term replacement for veteran Cooper Cronk.

A former Dragon and Junior Kangaroo, the 23-year-old had a breakout season for Leigh last year to earn a deal with the Roosters.

With Cronk likely to retire at the end of this year, Hutchison is now in the box seat to replace the former Test halfback as the Roosters’ long-term playmaker alongside Luke Keary.

Hutchison played a handful of NRL games for the Dragons in 2015 as a raw 20-year-old but has matured considerably since then.

The talented half is set to fight it out for the job of filling Cronk’s shoes with another new recruit, ex-Knight Brock Lamb.

Comment

I sure hope not, admittedly I didnt watch much of him in the super league last year but he was woeful in his Dragons outings.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
        I sure hope not, admittedly I didnt watch much of him in the super league last year but he was woeful in his Dragons outings.
        Agreed mate,he was horrible at the Dragons in First Grade..

Brock Lamb has more upside in my opinion,though it will be interesting to see who blossoms quicker under Robbo!

Comment

Reminds me of a young Justin Holbrook....

Comment

You're welcome for the scoop if you're reading this moley

Comment

Asked a friend who is dragons supporter.

dragons had him as heir annointed future HB. Then injured for remainder of season then not retained.

Told me he is a a large guy who may be better suited to ball-playing lock in his opinion. I have no opinion of SL form. I suggest we signed him for depth or the two herbivores not ready for FG at Hb
              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

I said sign Tom Brady and the idiots give me Drew Carey....blah
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                  I said sign Tom Brady and the idiots give me Drew Carey....blah
                  Salary cap issues apparently...................

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                    The Roosters have snapped up Leigh halfback Drew Hutchison from England as the possible long-term replacement for veteran Cooper Cronk.

A former Dragon and Junior Kangaroo, the 23-year-old had a breakout season for Leigh last year to earn a deal with the Roosters.

With Cronk likely to retire at the end of this year, Hutchison is now in the box seat to replace the former Test halfback as the Roosters’ long-term playmaker alongside Luke Keary.

Hutchison played a handful of NRL games for the Dragons in 2015 as a raw 20-year-old but has matured considerably since then.

The talented half is set to fight it out for the job of filling Cronk’s shoes with another new recruit, ex-Knight Brock Lamb.
                    I'd look good playing halfback in the current line up.

In all seriousness, he's only going to play for the bears this year and we can judge him on that form. IF he kills it in reserve grade, then give him a go.

Imagine if he does take over from Cronk on a 100k and we have another 900k spare?

Say we bought Joe Ofahengaue and Tevita Pangai Jnr

Sombrero time!

Comment

Born in Wollongong, New South Wales, Hutchison played his junior rugby league for the Albion Park-Oak Flats Eagles, before being signed by the St. George Illawarra Dragons. Playing career[edit]

Early career[edit]

In 2013 and 2014, Hutchison played for the St. George Illawarra Dragons' NYC team.[3] On 3 May 2014, he was a late inclusion for the New South Wales under-20s team against the Queensland under-20s team,[4] after Luke Brooks was withdrawn.[5] On 2 September 2014, he was named at halfback in the 2014 NYC Team of the Year[6]and re-signed with the Dragons on a 3-year contract until the end of 2017.[7] On 18 October 2014, he played for the Junior Kangaroos against the Junior Kiwis.[8] 2015[edit]

In 2015, Hutchison graduated to the Dragons' New South Wales Cup team, Illawarra Cutters.[9] On 2 May 2015, he played for the Junior Kangaroos against Junior Kiwis for the second year in a row.[10] On 8 July 2015, he captained the New South Wales under-20s team.[11][12] In Round 18 of the 2015 NRL season, he made his NRL debut for the Dragons against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks.[13] 2016[edit]

Hutchison kicked the winning field goal for the Illawarra Cutters in the 2016 Intrust Super Premiership NSW grand final win over the Mount Pritchard Mounties, winning 21-20.[14] 2017[edit]

Hutchison was ruled out of the entire 2017 season when he suffered a serious injury at training.[15] In October, he signed a 2-year contract with the Leigh Centurions in the Kingstone Press Championship, starting in 2018.[16]
                      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                      X