Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel Anderson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Daniel Anderson

    Apparently we are waiting on nrl approval to lodge his contract.
    He's been offered a type of POS/coaching position in charge of junior development.
    Him and Robbo go way back.
    Problem is the nrl de-registed him after the Parramatta salary cap drama.

  • #2
    Smart move by the club to secure future talent.
    Sure he was caught up in Parra's cap scandal 4 years ago however Anderson's league background is akin to Gould's IMO.
    He's been successful in England and gotten teams to the NRL big dance.
    Welcome!

    Comment


    • #3
      Sounds ok. Why don't we just get POS back?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kelby View Post
        Sounds ok. Why don't we just get POS back?

        He's gone to the warriors

        Comment


        • #5
          more interested in seeing how he fits into a winning structure
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
            more interested in seeing how he fits into a winning structure
            His association/friendship with our coach goes back to Anderson was teaching @ St Greg's. TRobbo usually get's it right.

            Comment


            • #7
              There's no doubt Anderson has got the abiity to spot and nurture talent. He's taken the Warriors and the Eels to grand finals quickly both in his second season. And he did well in the Superleague and the NZ Test side. But victory is short lived. His career has been one roller coaster after another. The teams nosedive and he seems to lose the dressing room. Don't know exactly why but understandably the Warriors and the Eels are graveyards for coaches.

              His role is different here. Robbo's the boss and there is mutual respect. The Anderson/Smith/Robbo connection resurfacing. And as Gman noted. It goes back a long way.

              Comment


              • #8
                https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...5e29d0f1bc6a18

                Comment


                • #9
                  Is there a reason we want some flog with no connections who got done out of stupidity/mismanagement of a rubbish team?

                  I dunno why we'd need his advice...

                  Originally posted by Louis N View Post
                  There's no doubt Anderson has got the abiity to spot and nurture talent. He's taken the Warriors and the Eels to grand finals quickly both in his second season. And he did well in the Superleague and the NZ Test side. But victory is short lived. His career has been one roller coaster after another. The teams nosedive and he seems to lose the dressing room. Don't know exactly why but understandably the Warriors and the Eels are graveyards for coaches.

                  His role is different here. Robbo's the boss and there is mutual respect. The Anderson/Smith/Robbo connection resurfacing. And as Gman noted. It goes back a long way.
                  I do have doubt. While 2009 was arguably a Parra premiership (as their opponents were later disqualified), it was full of good luck and circumstances. Parra have a track record of missing soooo many good players who have come from their own systems!!!!
                  Last edited by ism22; 01-30-2019, 09:19 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ism22 View Post

                    Is there a reason we want some flog with no connections who got done out of stupidity/mismanagement of a rubbish team?

                    I dunno why we'd need his advice...
                    Apparently Anderson and Robbo go way back to St Gregory's college where Robbo went to school. Anderson may have been his schoolboy coach??

                    We took POS on after the Storm salary cap dramas and that worked out pretty well, so why not take a punt on Anderson.
                    Roll on Season 2017 ...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ism22 View Post

                      I do have doubt. While 2009 was arguably a Parra premiership (as their opponents were later disqualified), it was full of good luck and circumstances. Parra have a track record of missing soooo many good players who have come from their own systems!!!!
                      True - that's been a problem with them over many years but it starts from the head office down at the Eels. Anderson worked well with the younger players both at Parra and the Warriors and two grand finals in short time was due to that. Then it all quickly imploded. One of the reasons was Anderson's intolerance of bad attitudes and big heads and players resting on their laurels - the directors favourites etc. He didn't do the politics so well.

                      His job here will be the talent scout and I think he's got a good track record with younger guys. It was the 'cruising' superstars that Anderson had problems with.

                      The Roosters seem to be on a wiser course in recruitment since the 2017 finals failure. They're looking for attitude - ala Tedesco, Cronk and Crighton - all great players, super role models and fully dedicated. I think it's a good direction, weeding out the party boys. Anderson has been cleared now and is a done deal and as one earlier poster remarked...Trust in Trent. I'm willing to judge it on results and wish him luck.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sounds good to me.
                        Jason Taylor never quite cut it as a head coach, but we've won 2 comps with him on the team.
                        You'd figure Anderson's experience and input can only be a good thing. He seems a pretty respectful sort of bloke and should fit in. Don't know what connections he still has in NZ, but his history with Polynesians might give us an edge in attracting some of those boys over here.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Welcome Daniel, welcome to what is becoming the second or last chance saloon for NRL types (e.g., Fergo as a player and Joe Kelly in the back office).

                          It was interesting to hear the negative spin the two Marks on Sydney's 2UE put on this appointment during their morning sports show earlier this week (Tuesday IIRC). In short, they said something was "off" at the Roosters. I expected better from riddell.
                          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

                          Thomas Jefferson

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                            Welcome Daniel, welcome to what is becoming the second or last chance saloon for NRL types (e.g., Fergo as a player and Joe Kelly in the back office).

                            It was interesting to hear the negative spin the two Marks on Sydney's 2UE put on this appointment during their morning sports show earlier this week (Tuesday IIRC). In short, they said something was "off" at the Roosters. I expected better from riddell.
                            Something off at the Roosters? Yeah you can tell by all our lack of success and negativity permeating the place..

                            Just shock jock cocks in frocks and socks.
                            Sco-mo...Sco-mo...Sco-mo...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

                              Something off at the Roosters? Yeah you can tell by all our lack of success and negativity permeating the place..

                              Just shock jock cocks in frocks and socks.
                              Yeah, makes no sense JFC. Longer version is that the Roosters are off because of all the "dodgy" people on staff such as Joe Kelly and now DA. I think there was one other they mentioned but I don't care to remember the rest of their drivel.
                              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

                              Thomas Jefferson

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X