Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Back up" options in 2019 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Back up" options in 2019 ?

    Just wondering what back-fill options would the Chooks go for this season come Origin time when the likes of Teddy, Mitchell and even the possibility of Keary get called up. I also wouldn't be surprised if Friend gets called into the QLD origin camps based on his solid performance towards the back-end of last season (imo he played better at #9 than Andrew McCullough...you never know !).


    * Morris at Full back ?
    * Hall or Ikuvalu in Centre ?
    * Lamb or Lam at 5/8 ?
    * Garvey at Hooker ?

    Not gonna mention the back row positions because I think there is plenty of depth cover in that department i.e. Butcher brothers, Curran, Tupouniua


    Thoughts ?

  • #2
    ori9in duties'

    keary..
    cords...
    teddy..
    lats...
    chrichton

    possibles to ori9in

    maubs
    jake
    radley
    morris
    alvanos
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
      ori9in duties'

      keary..
      cords...
      teddy..
      lats...
      chrichton

      possibles to ori9in

      maubs
      jake
      radley
      morris
      alvanos
      Alvanos might get selected for Origin!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, all of those.
        There's a piece 'Stat to fix: Roosters playmaking depth tested by departures' on nrl.com that covers similar ground. I think we've got at least as much depth as last year. Crichton in for Matto; Hall and Morris in for Fergo; Lamb and Lam in for SOS and Cornish (out of those 4, I would have thought Lamb would be the pick of the bunch atm); Garvey in for Baptiste (Baptiste probably rates above Garvey, but it's not as if we used Baptiste a lot).
        The key is injuries. If we have a similar record as last year on the injury front, we'll go okay.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by "gaz" View Post

          Alvanos might get selected for Origin!
          If he drink drives might captain the kangaroos
          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

          Comment


          • #6

            During SOO



            1. Morris
            2. Toops
            3. Ikuvalu
            4. Manu
            5. Hall
            6. Lamb
            7. Cronk

            8. JWH
            9. Friendy
            10. Collins
            11. Aubs
            12. Rads
            13. Liu

            14. SST
            15. Butcher
            16. Farmer
            17. Curran


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by zac View Post
              Yeah, all of those.
              There's a piece 'Stat to fix: Roosters playmaking depth tested by departures' on nrl.com that covers similar ground. I think we've got at least as much depth as last year. Crichton in for Matto; Hall and Morris in for Fergo; Lamb and Lam in for SOS and Cornish (out of those 4, I would have thought Lamb would be the pick of the bunch atm); Garvey in for Baptiste (Baptiste probably rates above Garvey, but it's not as if we used Baptiste a lot).
              The key is injuries. If we have a similar record as last year on the injury front, we'll go okay.
              No replacement for Big Papi. Time for Collins to step up. Can't wait to see his progress.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

                No replacement for Big Papi. Time for Collins to step up. Can't wait to see his progress.
                That's true.
                Collins and Faama have big chances, but we're a bit light if we have a couple of injuries. Still, Crichton is an 80 minute player, which means Liu will play exclusively in the middle.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                  During SOO



                  1. Morris
                  2. Toops
                  3. Ikuvalu
                  4. Manu
                  5. Hall
                  6. Lamb
                  7. Cronk

                  8. JWH
                  9. Friendy
                  10. Collins
                  11. Aubs
                  12. Rads
                  13. Liu

                  14. SST
                  15. Butcher
                  16. Farmer
                  17. Curran

                  Tetavano in for Curran and I would say Sitili is ahead of Josh in the pecking order at the moment. Though he may get a run if we have a few injuries as well at origin time,wont let us down if he does.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Will only miss origin players for the one match against the tigers.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                      During SOO



                      1. Morris
                      2. Toops
                      3. Ikuvalu
                      4. Manu
                      5. Hall
                      6. Lamb
                      7. Cronk

                      8. JWH
                      9. Friendy
                      10. Collins
                      11. Aubs
                      12. Rads
                      13. Liu

                      14. SST
                      15. Butcher
                      16. Farmer
                      17. Curran



                      Really? You wouldn’t have Tetevano? He’s a must!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Insider View Post
                        Tetavano in for Curran and I would say Sitili is ahead of Josh in the pecking order at the moment. Though he may get a run if we have a few injuries as well at origin time,wont let us down if he does.
                        3


                        I'd have Tetevano in for the centre and have Maubs in the backline.
                        Other than that it's a good team considering everyone seems to think "origin" is the be all and end all.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          do you realise angus chrighton can play centre thats where he played at aschool and for waratahs, got a good puntkick on him too so could even try to relieve cooper of line kicks?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                            do you realise angus chrighton can play centre thats where he played at aschool and for waratahs, got a good puntkick on him too so could even try to relieve cooper of line kicks?
                            Playing centre in rugby is a lot different to playing centre in League.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                              do you realise angus chrighton can play centre thats where he played at aschool and for waratahs, got a good puntkick on him too so could even try to relieve cooper of line kicks?
                              JWH can play centre too. Just not very well.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X