Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tigers in cap trouble - time to rescue Matto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigers in cap trouble - time to rescue Matto?

So the Tigers will be deducted about 600k from the salary cap next year (due to some Farah deal). Could we make a play and bring Matterson back to Bondi? He's a great second rower who will continue to improve (especially around Robbo's coaching) and has great utility value

Farah.....The gift that keeps on giving
    Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

I’d consider it, but I’m content with the squad we have anywho
      EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

He went to the Tigers for the opportunity to play regular first grade, not for the money. And the fact is the Chooks cannot offer him the regular first grade spot. Just can't fit them all in. I mean Crighton and Radley deserve a spot, and then there's Cords, Maubs, Liu ...
        Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

he might enjoy some time at norths then into our fg come soo time?

Comment

Originally posted by Serenader View Post
            Farah.....The gift that keeps on giving
            can't really blame farah for this one, it was that clown pascoes fault

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post

can't really blame farah for this one, it was that clown pascoes fault
              though if you read some online chat places ...it's the Roosters fault !

Comment

I'd take Packer before Matto.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                  I'd take Packer before Matto.
                  I'd take JWH, SST, Cords, Crichton, Radley, Liu, Tetevano, Maubs and Collins before both. Oh wait, that's why we couldn't afford to keep Matto and Napa?

Comment

Matto is no chance.

I'm hoping Sitili Tupounuia can do good things this year. From what I've seen of him in the lower grades (admittedly not much), he has a bit of skill about him. With Cords and Crichton both 80 minute players, he mightn't get much of a chance until Origin. He's behind Butcher at this stage and isn't getting any younger, but he reminds you of Tawera Nikau.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post
                      He went to the Tigers for the opportunity to play regular first grade, not for the money. And the fact is the Chooks cannot offer him the regular first grade spot. Just can't fit them all in. I mean Crighton and Radley deserve a spot, and then there's Cords, Maubs, Liu ...
                      It was a shame to lose him because I thought he was the next Maubs. But like you said, he didn’t want to play off the bench. Same as Connor Watson last year. Oh well, they can’t all be like Maubs and be happy to play anywhere just to be in the team. Shame that.

Comment

I don't think so. Despite the whining from clueless supporters of other clubs (I wonder if my Tigers supporting colleague will stop calling us 'The Rorters' now) and the blatant rorting that's gone on from many other clubs over the years) the Roosters actually let players go to manage the salary cap responsibly.

Comment

No. Josh Curran will be better.

Packer for me too.

Comment

We have more back rowers at the club than you can poke a stick at..
                            Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Packer as in Russell Packer?

Hell no..

Comment

Working...
                              X