• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Or is he James Maloney?
    We can ask him at the "Members BBQ.."

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

You have to admit though mate our coach has the rare ability to overturn coaches/trainers and players and still achieve results.

5 players in this years GF from 2013s 17. That in itself is an impressive thing.

on the defensive side of things Fitzy teaches them how to hit and the tackling technique but Robbo sets the patterns we use in defence.

I cannot think of a better coach who has overturned so many spine players alone and had such short term success.

He also cops the heat when we lose so IMO he deserves the accolades.

Time to stir the hornet's nest. It is no coincidence that three coaches coming out of the Rooster's system have gone on to win premierships for different clubs. They are ultimately disciples of a former coach, whose brilliant conditioning coach son would also not be here if not for this godly figure.

Fred68 to make a reappearance in....3...2...1

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

Time to stir the hornet's nest. It is no coincidence that three coaches coming out of the Rooster's system have gone on to win premierships for different clubs. They are ultimately disciples of a former coach, whose brilliant conditioning coach son would also not be here if not for this godly figure.

Whatever happened to Fred68? I used to enjoy reading some of his shit even though he seemed a bit crazy at times

Comment

LOL bring back Freddo69er.

That period was very funny. On the field it was ugly, but Freds mantra was voodoo hate shit, I always imagined him with a Smiffy doll and a huge bucket of pins.

Poor old Smiffy, brilliant footy mind and obviously a very astute coach especially of kids, but how bloody unlucky to meet Waynkerr 3 times and JoEy in GFs.

Has there ever been a more unlucky bloke in RL???

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Could never get the Smith hate - many of the teams he took over, especially in his later coaching years, were ones that needed a cleanout, which is a pretty thankless task as a coach. Newcastle hired him to be the face that punted the blokes they no longer wanted like Buderis, simply because the Board didn't have the balls to do it themselves. And then at the Chooks he had to clean up the mess Fittler had left behind and start a cultural revolution at the club that Robbo continued.

Fact is if the Chooks didn't hire Smith, then we wouldn't have ended up with Robbo, as it was Smith who bought him with him when he came to the Chooks, much to the displeasure of Newcastle. At that stage, wherever Smith went, Robbo followed.
            Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

No arguments here mate. Brian Smith will always be one of my very favourite people in the game.

Interestingly the ex refs boss who has just been sacked virtually stole a much deserved premiership from him in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Half time View Post

Whatever happened to Fred68? I used to enjoy reading some of his shit even though he seemed a bit crazy at times
                Great bloke old Fred68 was! Enjoyed reading his posts.
                Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Half time View Post

Gonna guess, I reckon you could be Fred68.

Regards
                  The Coach

Comment

Originally posted by The Coach View Post

Gonna guess, I reckon you could be Fred68.

Regards
                    The Coach
                    I am certain your Jason Taylor ...hows the Bears going
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I think stability has been a key factor in Robinson's success. I'll admit this season I thought he made some strange decisions like leaving SOS on the bench without any game time (for 3 weeks) for one and a couple of games where we came up against a strong pack where I thought our pack was light on.

But with the Roosters there hasn't been an upheaval in the Coaching ranks. Fitzy's been around forever and a day (and that's a good thing), Jason Taylor also, and despite his critics (me included) he's been around for a while but has achieved success and I think Adam O'Brien will only be beneficial .

The world really is the oyster for Robinson's taking. Who knows what talent may come through at other clubs and who they may recruit but looking at the Roosters list, if they continue to improve, have the hunger, the majority want to be a Rooster for as long as they can and Robinson continues to bring out the best of them - there is no reason why the Roosters can't enjoy a sustained period of success.
                      "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        But is he master of his domain?....
                        He is the master baiter.

Regards
                        The Coach

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

I am certain your Jason Taylor ...hows the Bears going
                          I will beat you up Hong Kong style with my kirate kicks ,malaka.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                            I think stability has been a key factor in Robinson's success. I'll admit this season I thought he made some strange decisions like leaving SOS on the bench without any game time (for 3 weeks) for one and a couple of games where we came up against a strong pack where I thought our pack was light on.

But with the Roosters there hasn't been an upheaval in the Coaching ranks. Fitzy's been around forever and a day (and that's a good thing), Jason Taylor also, and despite his critics (me included) he's been around for a while but has achieved success and I think Adam O'Brien will only be beneficial .

The world really is the oyster for Robinson's taking. Who knows what talent may come through at other clubs and who they may recruit but looking at the Roosters list, if they continue to improve, have the hunger, the majority want to be a Rooster for as long as they can and Robinson continues to bring out the best of them - there is no reason why the Roosters can't enjoy a sustained period of success.
                            Shaken not stirred and wise words James.

Comment

i
                              Originally posted by novice chook View Post

Could never get the Smith hate - many of the teams he took over, especially in his later coaching years, were ones that needed a cleanout, which is a pretty thankless task as a coach. Newcastle hired him to be the face that punted the blokes they no longer wanted like Buderis, simply because the Board didn't have the balls to do it themselves. And then at the Chooks he had to clean up the mess Fittler had left behind and start a cultural revolution at the club that Robbo continued.

Fact is if the Chooks didn't hire Smith, then we wouldn't have ended up with Robbo, as it was Smith who bought him with him when he came to the Chooks, much to the displeasure of Newcastle. At that stage, wherever Smith went, Robbo followed.
                              Agreed. I reckon Smith did the best with what he had and got within 40 minutes of winning a premiership. IMO his input was highly under-rated...

Not saying this makes him a super coach. But like, he got rid of a lotta shyte players, blooded some decent youngsters and dealt with way too much disciplinary rubbish (kids were just running amok before him).

Robbo is the better coach. However, he inherited a good roster and good systems, which is significant. What he did with it is something next level but when Smith left, we had our 2013 team locked in. I don't reckon he woulda won a premiership with it, but he made some tough calls, got rid of the absolute garbage we had and left the place in much better shape than when he joined us.
                              Last edited by ism22; 11-15-2018, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                                Wouldn't swap Robbo for anyone, including the coach he destroyed in the GF.
                                I would not want Bellamy under any circumstances. Call me old fashion but I like a bit of honour and integrity with my sport and that bloke has none what so ever
                                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X