Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxsports reporting we are making a move for Luke Brooks for 2020

ROOSTERS SET SIGHTS ON BROOKS

Luke Brooks is the reigning halfback of the year and remains without a deal heading into the 2020 season — the ideal scenario for a young halfback in the prime of his career.

The Roosters have emerged as a contender for his signature, eyeing the 23-year-old off as a replacement for Cooper Cronk who finishes his deal with the premiers in 2019.

Brooks is managed by Isaac Moses, who also brokered the deal for Tedesco to join the Roosters from Wests Tigers at the end of last year.

Tedesco and Brooks are close friends and it’s believed the two are keen to link up again at the Roosters.

The last time Brooks was off contract he was in a tussle with Tedesco, Aaron Woods and Mitchell Moses to remain at the Wests Tigers, and was the only player of ‘the big four’ to stay loyal — and for less than his current worth.

After his best season in the NRL to date and with few playmakers on the market, Brooks will be in high demand, with Eels, Raiders and Warriors also looking at their halves options beyond next season.

It puts plenty of pressure on the Wests Tigers to retain him, given he has been touted as a player the club want to build around.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...835aa040048820

I am not a big Brooks fan but it could be a smart signing dudes.
    Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

Makes sense, another new coach and chasing a contract.....big season for Brooks.

Comment

He is a good halfback in a shit team, and that's been the case his entire career really.

We could do far worse. And with tutoring from Keary (and possibly Cronk in a coaching capacity?) we'd see his full potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29k91Bquq4Q

I'd certainly prefer him to the likes of Moses, Norman, Sezer, Austin and a lot of the other jokers floating around.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
          He is a good halfback in a shit team, and that's been the case his entire career really.

We could do far worse. And with tutoring from Keary (and possibly Cronk in a coaching capacity?) we'd see his full potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29k91Bquq4Q

I'd certainly prefer him to the likes of Moses, Norman, Sezer, Austin and a lot of the other jokers floating around.
          I’d prefer him than johnson
          EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

He had a go this year.
            Can get better
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Can he tackle?

Comment

he would be taught to tackle the roosters method when here!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                  Can he tackle?
                  He was actually far better defensively in 2018 than in previous years. Sure there is room for improvement, but he's getting there. Would definitely prefer Brooks to Johnson.
                  Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

did Isaac Moses broker the deal? i thought we had blacklisted him after the Mitchell Moses backflip and we had to send Mini in to secure Teddy

Comment

Would rather Brock lamb with Keary at half. At least lamb can tackle.

Comment

We get suckered into every article. Look at the talent we have supposedly chased in last few seasons. Poor conversion rate if true
                        Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

We could do worse than Brookes, but like the Axe said, we've learnt to take these articles with a grain of salt.

Comment

Brett Finch Part 2

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                              We get suckered into every article. Look at the talent we have supposedly chased in last few seasons. Poor conversion rate if true
                              I suspect how it works is that all clubs have a list of numbers for player agents and all clubs potentially in the market for a half will call his agent. Somebody (not nick or Robbo - probably a random admin assistant you've never heard of) will ask some preliminary screening questions and say 'cool thanks for that, I'll let the boss know and you might hear from them'.

His agent will then contact someboxy at Fox/9 and be like hey run a story... Roosters enter the race!!!! I really wanna drum up interest in this dude!!!

Reality will be that we're not all that interested but we've been probing and their agent is trying to drum up interest. We are a big, successful club where everybody wants to play so having us interested means the agent can then be like 'mate the Roosters called and they are keen so either you offer more than that or they're gonna put pen to paper within the month I promise'.

IMO agents use us for this all the time, which is why we always get mentioned. To be fair we were probably interested in Munster earlier on... before he kicked Manu in the head and acted like an arsehole.

Comment

Working...
                              X