No announcement yet.

Klemmer for Napa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have Dylan til the end of the 2019 season. he is also a self managed player, so he controls his own contract negotiations. im a klemmer fan but if Dylan wants to stay keep him and let klemmer chase the big bucks. Klemmer was on $400k a year at the dogs due to Dibb fleeing the club and taking with thim the 3rd party payments.
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

This is the way I see it too.

Also on Kapow surely Dessie will not let him go.

I don’t get the Napalm hate.

I guess someone has to be that guy.

Just because we won this year it doesn’t mean we can do it again with the same players. Im sure Robbo & co will be trying to strengthen the squad by removing the weaknesses. I’m not going to give my opinion about Napa however you have to see that Napa was given so little time in the GF that there’s ‘probably’ a reason why Robbo did that. He couldn’t of been that unfit for the match after missing 3 games. I’m not going to be surprised if Napa is offloaded.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Just because we won this year it doesn’t mean we can do it again with the same players. Im sure Robbo & co will be trying to strengthen the squad by removing the weaknesses. I’m not going to give my opinion about Napa however you have to see that Napa was given so little time in the GF that there’s ‘probably’ a reason why Robbo did that. He couldn’t of been that unfit for the match after missing 3 games. I’m not going to be surprised if Napa is offloaded.
        I agree with you mate change will occur for us to repeat. Has to.

We do have Crichton and the wingers arriving. Also Collins and Butcher and a few others who may push for more game time.

I am guessing we will alter our style of attack with those changes alone.

I also know that the coach is a fan of having varying body shapes and styles of forwards. Napalm is one of those. Isn’t the metre eater or the stat forward. He is there for his ability to make the opposing players look for him. In defence.

That is something you don’t see on paper. But it is real and a great quality to have in a team. A good old fashioned nutter on the field. Blokes love playing with them and hate playing against them.

If he goes he goes. I have faith in the Coaches judgement. And I can see the attraction in someone like Kapow. I have no problem with either scenario.

i do like Napalm though. He plays the game the way I like to see it done. He is a little loco.

I have no idea how much time he played in the GF. But surely he would not have been picked if we planned to move him on?

Collins was playing great, shit Robbo even gave him his ring, so he could have easily not even selected Napalm if he was that out of favour.

I have no idea what or why I am just going on logic as I see it. I don’t reckon Robbo would play someone he didn’t believe in or consider somehow inferior especially in a GF.

Either way I guess we can’t really lose. I wish it started again this weekend.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

I love Nappa.

Comment

I say again, a player is only worth what his cruciate ligaments allow him to be.

Comment

How good would a 2 week trade period be the last two weeks of October to sort all this player movement sh!t out?

Comment

I dunno why so many are determined to get rid of Napa.
                If he wants to leave that'd be a different story, but he seemed pretty stoked with our GF win. We signed him as a youngster that no one else was interested in, so I hope he has loyalty.
                Klemmer wants too much dosh.
                TApou is inconsistant.
                Kasiano is buggered after 10 seconds.
                TPJ is over-rated and expensive.

Farmer Silly and Collins are the back up we got. Not bad I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
                  I dunno why so many are determined to get rid of Napa.
                  If he wants to leave that'd be a different story, but he seemed pretty stoked with our GF win. We signed him as a youngster that no one else was interested in, so I hope he has loyalty.
                  Klemmer wants too much dosh.
                  TApou is inconsistant.
                  Kasiano is buggered after 10 seconds.
                  TPJ is over-rated and expensive.

Farmer Silly and Collins are the back up we got. Not bad I reckon.
                  His stats are dreadfully bad, Kapow over him 7 days a week, look at his post contact metres and offloads and compare to Napa it's like day and night. Kapow's second phase off the bench would be something else and would bring Crighton,Cordner, Teddy, Mitchell and Manu into play alot more and I would hazard to say alot more non kick tries.

Comment

There has to be a better option than Napa for $700K, I think that's what he is on. He just doesn't offer value, doesn't create any opportunities and gives away too many penalties. the days of the hitman are over, we need offloads, quick play the balls, leg speed and hard hitting legal defence. Klemmer would have been great, Tapau is the next best option.

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
                      His stats are dreadfully bad,
                      Stats aint everything,...............watch a game occasionally instead

Comment

Unfortunately we can't afford Klemmer...you know salary cap and all, but I am sure a big purchase is just around the corner.

Comment

How about you watch a few games again, and keep your eyes open this time, Napa has been below par for a long time, we all watch the games and he is overpaid and had under performed for a long time, that's just a fact he needs to improve in a huge way. If he does that's great and he will get a lot of support, but if there was an option to get rid of him and replace him with someone like Tapau then I am sure the club would be considering it. Of all our players he has been the most disappointing. I think it is a luxury we can't afford to keep a prop who can't offload, or break the line , or get a quick play the ball. I have never even seen him used as a battering ram close to the line. I honestly think he needs to go. I mean what is he really good for? Doesn't play many minutes, just makes up the numbers, and on $700K that's not good enough.

Comment

Why watch the movie when you can just read the book?

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                              we all watch the games .
                              But anyone who forms a different opinion to you watches them with their eyes shut..............right precious?

Napa aint as bad as you made out, not by a long shot.
                              He adds to our team in defence.
                              He was playing ok before the bullshit suspension.

Comment

Yer let’s get rid of the bloke opposition teams fear & get an over rated hack who unloads to others who then get smashed by the opposition defence.

Comment

Working...
                                X