Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I believe this forum may have been hacked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe this forum may have been hacked.

I received a ransom email a couple of days ago with the grub claiming to have all my details. They included in the note the password that I used when I created my account on this forum. Has anyone else received one? Sorry if this is in the wrong discussion but as it is the most read, I thought it was appropriate. Mods please move this if you think otherwise.

This site doesn't use SSL. If you logged onto the site via a shared wifi network then it would have been very easy for them to network sniff your credentials. I would do the following:
    1) backup any personal files/images onto a removeable disk
    2) change your chookpen password via a different network
    3) install a virus scanner and make sure you don't have any trojan viruses installed on your pc
    4) tell them to go f*ck themselves or you will report them to Cybercrime dept.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
      This site doesn't use SSL. If you logged onto the site via a shared wifi network then it would have been very easy for them to network sniff your credentials. I would do the following:
      1) backup any personal files/images onto a removeable disk
      2) change your chookpen password via a different network
      3) install a virus scanner and make sure you don't have any trojan viruses installed on your pc
      4) tell them to go f*ck themselves or you will report them to Cybercrime dept.
      I believe I'm quite safe on the net, I use a VPN at home. I only registered on here a couple of weeks ago. That's why I think this site may have been compromised.

Comment

no problemas here so far, only log on at home on my pc

Comment

Working...
        X