No announcement yet.

What impressed you most in GF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew we'd win after 3 sets where we marched downfield with ease; dragged back their backs and abused their forward pack; then marched downfield again at will, ending in the penalty goal.

They had no idea what hit them. The soft Prelim against a weak as piss Cronulla really made them ripe for a beating.

Comment

I recall during the game being impressed with our forwards, JWH, SST and LUI and TETS were doing an awesome job of constantly hitting it up hard into Melbourne's belly. And hitting them so hard in defence in the middle. They had to fight hard to stop us, and they couldn't find a way through.That's where we won the game

Comment

The single most impressive thing in the grand final was Sir Billy Slater.
        He carried himself with so much dignity considering the evil powers that be tried to ruin his week with trumped up charges.
        He should of got the CCM just for taking the field. Not only is he the best rugby league player of all time, he is the best human being that has graced this planet since Jesus Christ.
        I hope his statue is bigger than the Eiffel Tower.
        Will the game recover from his tragic retirement???
        I think not.

Comment

Another thing that I remember that impressed me. In the second half the Storm started taking the ball forward and using the quick inside ball back to Slater.
          This works 9/10 times, at least gaining a line break. But the Roosters worked hard on the inside shutting him down.. It was inspiring seeing some big forwards move to be in the right place
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

Comment

The discipline shown by the team was extraordinary. Completion rates, no knock ons (amazing) and the intensity they managed for the entire game. I was super excited to see them start the game as well as they did, and was in disbelief by the half time score line...... but fully expected the storm to mount a comeback (maybe with a few helpful penalties) but the boys just kept up the intensity right to the end. Exceptional. Sublime. Inspirational.

oh, and the deep Easts chant was chilling

Comment

What impressed me? The completion rate, the defensive intensity and the way they kept it up until the Storm were battered in to submission. The defensive effort, the scramble when under pressure was immense. Jake impressed me, Keary impressed me. It was just a complete performance

Comment

Drove down from the goldie on saturday with the family. Watched the afl gf saturday arv after a detour to crunulla for a jpb delivery. Back to lane cove for a family dinner. Woke on sunday relaxed and building up to gf day. We caught avtrain from artamon to anz. Thru the place where there are no dentists then continued to the stadium. A few cold brews at the bakehouse with fellow rwbs. Wztched the vicious enialation of the passing shower. 1.30 am arrived home. Left on monday morn and home 8 hrs later.....foot note to ones self. 8 day voice recovery
                Last edited by roosterproud; 10-20-2018, 10:03 AM.
                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

very impressive glen

Comment

Our teams mental toughness to run rough shod over the defending Premiers & perhaps the most lauded team in past 10 years

That level of superior confidence & execution gob smacked everyone including their staunchest fans

A shout out to Jake Friend who controlled the game with an iron fist
                    "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
                      Our teams mental toughness to run rough shod over the defending Premiers & perhaps the most lauded team in past 10 years

That level of superior confidence & execution gob smacked everyone including their staunchest fans

A shout out to Jake Friend who controlled the game with an iron fist
                      It was Jake's best ever game.

He has earned a lifetime pass free of my keyboard warrior criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
                        Not taking anything away from us but I still can't believe how the Strom just weren't at our level. Dropping balls from hitups, and latrell scoring so easily. They were cooked from kickoff.
                        Easts didn't allow them to be near their best.
                        So many non East supporters have said to me that was the best GF team performance they'd ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
                          The single most impressive thing in the grand final was Sir Billy Slater.
                          He carried himself with so much dignity considering the evil powers that be tried to ruin his week with trumped up charges.
                          He should of got the CCM just for taking the field. Not only is he the best rugby league player of all time, he is the best human being that has graced this planet since Jesus Christ.
                          I hope his statue is bigger than the Eiffel Tower.
                          Will the game recover from his tragic retirement???
                          I think not.
                          Now even I can tell that is sarcasm.

Comment

1. Robbo making me eat my words ,glad to be wrong, im used to it
                            2. JWH's form , love it when he is on
                            3. Being at the ground with my 2 Daughters aged 3 & 13, will remember it forever.

Comment

For me it was their belief in themselves. Their belief in the man next to them. Cohesiveness as a unit. They were a real team. They had done the hard work, they had planned for this and they went out there and executed on the big day. They never gave the Storm a chance. It was comprehensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                                Now even I can tell that is sarcasm.
                                But I thought all league fans, ourselves included, were praying for a Billy fairy-tale?
                                Instead we got stuck with a lousy premiership.

Comment

Working...
                                X