No announcement yet.

Tupou to Dragons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely no chance we'd just release our best winger. Especially with Hall having torn his ACL.

The Dragons tend to come up with more fanciful rumours than any club which shows how desperate they are.

Comment

Yeah he’s off to the Dragons & the Roosters are getting Nightingale.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
        Ive heard that Toupo rumour too......they were offloading Kurt Mann to Newcastle to fit him in. Might be good for Toops bank balance but it will end his career
        Why would it end his career?

If ever the Goons coaching staff realise how to peak their team in September instead of April they would be a threat.

He would be a slight upgrade on Nene for them, even though he went well there.

Comment

2poo goes maubs to the wing. simples
          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Don't know about Tupou but I literally just bumped into SKD here in the Gong CBD.

I asked him what he was doing in the Gong and he answered rather sheepishly that he was visiting a friend.

I also saw him talking to the smuck Matthew Elliot who also seemed to be loitering around town here???
            Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

tell em theyre dreaming toups is very happy at easts and can see another premiership ring joining the two he now has at the roosters, not so at the merge!

Comment

Toups to right wing. He does my head in witherrors but we are much better team with him in form

cant pictue mary tolerating his mistakes. Trent has patience of saint
                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                  Toups to right wing. He does my head in witherrors but we are much better team with him in form

cant pictue mary tolerating his mistakes. Trent has patience of saint
                  curious as to why you want to move him to the right side ? He has good combo going with Latrell

Comment

He is our Giraffe..............................he aint leaving.................only place I've heard this rumour is here.

Dont wanna be proved wrong either.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                      Absolutely no chance we'd just release our best winger. Especially with Hall having torn his ACL.
                      I think we already have to Parramatta!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Why would it end his career?
                        Because he has had the luxury of having Michael Jennings and then Latrell Mitchell play on his inside. Tim Lafai and his one trick flick is a massive step down.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

curious as to why you want to move him to the right side ? He has good combo going with Latrell
                          True about latrell combo.

my reasoning is both wing recruits are left side and toupo is natural right footer and hander. Time for opposing left wingers to out leap him
                          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Id hate to see him go.

There is nothing better than seeing the giraffe in full flight in open space.

But - time to face facts. We have an expensive squad that has just become much more valuable on the open market. There is a limit to who we can keep on.

Morris and Hall were signed for a reason, and it aint to provide depth.

And if Manu and Latrell are to both be retained, we'll need some cash in the piggy bank to do so.

I've no doubt there is some substance to this rumour, and won't be surprised if he does go.

Comment

We're too smart to spend the first half a season with Morris & Ikuvalu on the wings.

Think about it; would you release a 27yr old Tupou to sign a 31yr old Brett Morris for barely any less money? Of course not.

We're not talking about an off contract player here. We're talking about releasing a key player just for the hell of it apparently. No chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X