Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor throws hat into the ring for Manly gig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
    It comes down to one question: Are you willing to hand your balls over to Bob Fulton. Manly is his sandpit. When he dies they might have a chance at something other than a coaching merry-go-round.
    Agreed
    JT would be a good fit coaching the Bears I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
      and the trobo boys.... those are two players any club would take in a heartbeat.
      Any club except the Roosters.
      We simply dont need them and couldn't fit them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
        My impression of Taylor is that he is a very smart football brain but not a good manager of people.

Look like his commitment to North Sydney is limited. But who could blame the guy wanting to get back into the big time.
        That makes the two of us mun.
        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

No disrespect but IMO the guy needs to realise he's a good assistant/technical coach but not a good team/player manager and own it rather than constantly poisoning teams with his presence as a head coach.

Whatever though I guess? His career, not mine. Probably won't be any worse than Wayne Bennett will be at the Tigpies.
          This
          some are just flat out assistant coaches. JT is one of those

Comment

Originally posted by One Eyed Willy View Post

This
            some are just flat out assistant coaches. JT is one of those
            David Furner is another.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Any club except the Roosters.
              We simply dont need them and couldn't fit them in.
              If they were available, we would fit them in. in a heartbeat, Tommy to replace Fergo, Jake for Napa . If they ever leave Manly we will get them. But they would be the only reason Taylor might do ok at Manly, without them Manly are wooden spoon favourites for 2019.

Comment

i look fwd to seeing manly with the wooden spoon

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                  If they were available, we would fit them in. in a heartbeat, Tommy to replace Fergo, Jake for Napa . If they ever leave Manly we will get them. But they would be the only reason Taylor might do ok at Manly, without them Manly are wooden spoon favourites for 2019.
                  I disagree........... emphatically.
                  For one, they'd expect too much money, and Tom aint gonna wanna play wing and Jake aint a prop.
                  Fit them in , in a heartbeat??
                  Our club is run much smarter than that.
                  Beleive it or not, we do not chase every big name that comes on the market.

Anyway it's a moot point because they will not be leaving Manly.

Comment

If jt leaves, then Toovey as norths coach?

Comment

He would be crazy to go there. They are a poison chalice. A basket case. If he thought things were bad at the Tigers this is on a whole new level.

Comment

Maybe I am wrong but hasn’t he agreed to coach the Bears in 2019. It’s a bit of a slap in the face to them putting his hand up for the Manly job. He is lucky to have a job and is IMO being disrespectful to the Bears by doing this openly. If he doesn’t get the Manly job does that mean he will stay with the Bears (second best option). Must make them feel undervalued now. Not a good start to the Roosters alliance with them.

Comment

Why would anyone want to go to that rubbish dump of a club????

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                            Maybe I am wrong but hasn’t he agreed to coach the Bears in 2019. It’s a bit of a slap in the face to them putting his hand up for the Manly job. He is lucky to have a job and is IMO being disrespectful to the Bears by doing this openly. If he doesn’t get the Manly job does that mean he will stay with the Bears (second best option). Must make them feel undervalued now. Not a good start to the Roosters alliance with them.
                            You want to coach at the highest levels, so no its just business.
                            O'brien is coming to us from Melbourne, but if was offered a 1st grade gig, he would go asap.
                            Coaching norths is a nothing role really.

Comment

Agree with Kelby.
                              It's not a slap in the bears face. All coaches seem to have escape clauses if a first grade gig is on the table anyway.
                              I hope Taylor coaches the Bears, but good luck to him if he can resurect his career somewhere else. He cant do worse than Barrett.

Comment

Its certainly is crazy times in the coaching game. not so much the roundabouts but the situations.
                                There is the possibility that Cleary will blow all credibility and reputation out of the water to return to the Riff to be Gould lapdog
                                There is also Manly that is looking for a coach to end their career, a club by the second biggest halfwits in the game (behind Gould) in the Penn brothers

The only possible winner will be the Tigers, if Cleary stays it proves he is smart and sane, and if he goes they dodge a bullet
                                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X