No announcement yet.

How we won it: Robbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t see the reference of Aubo in the article. I wonder if it’s since been removed ?

Great article anyway

Comment

Originally posted by roorooman View Post
      Can’t see the reference of Aubo in the article. I wonder if it’s since been removed ?

Great article anyway
      Page 2

Comment

Robbo is more than just a coach, he's a club man. From day one he thought it important the players knew and understood the history of our club. He coaches ethics as well as tactics. We are lucky to have him.

Comment

The wisdom that comes out of Robinson's head, the little words of honesty to every player , like when he told KeaRy the first day, to just be himself , the man is a master man manager.
          Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
            no theres only 1 club who say we lack soul, we know who ....we have far more soul then broncos, titans, eels, raiders, storm, warriors , cows without jt, ,of the remaining clubs yes i dont doubt they have soul but soul aint won knights, tigers, dragons, panthers, dogs much recently has it ?
            Panthers are the most forgettable club in the NRL, along with the titans and raiders
            EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

Page 2
              Thanks

Comment

What a cracking read that was and a wonderful insight into the club with which we're all a bit obsessed.
                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

Bellamy is the evil that is Melbourne. Before he arrived they were a team anyone could cheer for, now they are hated.
                  They are hated for what they do on the field for the filth that is perpetuated under the guise of competitiveness.
                  He is the one that taught his players to kick out when catching the ball, to twist body parts in the tackle.
                  It is Bellamys blueprint and his only plan, hence his failure at origin coaching
                  Cronk leaving heralded the end of his run. Now Slater. They will slide and we will continue to rise.

The guy coached a number of probable immortals - Slater, Inglis and Smith. Robbo has had none. But compare their records since 2013 and Robbo looks very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Cronk leaving heralded the end of his run. Now Slater. They will slide and we will continue to rise.

The guy coached a number of probable immortals - Slater, Inglis and Smith. Robbo has had none. But compare their records since 2013 and Robbo looks very good.
                    As a player SBW is much better than Inglis and on a par with Slater & Smith imo.

But he'll obviously never be an Immortal due to his lack of time in the game.

Bellamy showed his true colours at Origin level where he barely won a game without his bevvy of Storm superstars.

Comment

Would be interesting to see how Bellamy would go at rubbish clubs like Tigers and Manly who don’t have superstars and future immortals. Plus he had a side well over the salary cap. The slide of Melbourne begun on September 30. It’s all down hill from here.

Comment

Anyone bagging Bellamey is kidding themselves. He is a super coach. He has developed many players who did SFA at other clubs.
                        He got a team to this year's GF with two great players at the end of their careers. The others in the team he developed.
                        FM many were saying that we should go hard to get him and get rid of Robbo over the previous couple of years "failures".
                        Turn it up.
                        But yes I would have Robbo instead of Bellamey.

Comment

A very good article that goes right to the heart of what Trent Robinson has created at the Roosters. Prior to the 2010 grand final I remember saying to an old pal who had been following the Roosters from the 60's, give me 13 Aubbos and we win this comp. It's what he represents. Some guys would be dirty when their brother gets told he's not part of the plans as happened to Aubbos brother. Not Mitch. Just got on with the game. He's cut from the same cloth as the Kevin Ashley's, Bunny Reilly's, John Mackays...Rooster through and through.

As for Bellamy. He has run a great ship at the Storm and turned average players into champions. But there is one fundamental difference between him and Robinson. With Bellamy the ends justifies the means...not so with Trent. The means justifies the ends. It's the way we play the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                            That article literally gave me an erection. Thanks for posting!

How about the respect he gives to Maubs...

"Above all at the Roosters, Mitchell Aubusson is that guy.

In our dressing room, Mitch is the symbol of what the club is. If his thoughts on the team are a certain way, we know that's what's right. He's our litmus test."

I sincerely hope he plays 300 games for our club. I believe he's about 37 games short so at least two more seasons of Maubs would be just reward for the legend.

And as for Robbo, I hope he's our coach for 20 years.
                            I would have been devastated a dim witted numb skull that dragged our clubs name and image into the shit pile more than once, eventually held that record, thankfully he was shipped off and someone like a Maubs or Cords will end up with that distinction
                            Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

Bellamy is the evil that is Melbourne. Before he arrived they were a team anyone could cheer for, now they are hated.
                              They are hated for what they do on the field for the filth that is perpetuated under the guise of competitiveness.
                              He is the one that taught his players to kick out when catching the ball, to twist body parts in the tackle.
                              It is Bellamys blueprint and his only plan, hence his failure at origin coaching
                              Tell us how you really feel KB, don’t hold back your obviously a huge fan lol
                              Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

so its not so much billy the grub rather Bellamy the gr8ub? personally, i think both of them and Smith are grubs for the constant if not illegal, immoral play

Comment

Working...
                                X