Marty Taupau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

We just lost 200+ metres per week with Fergo gone. Morris is a different sort of Winger so we need someone who can pick up the slack.
    Morris was a great metre eater when he was at the Dragons, granted his role changed at the Dogs who played a very different style of game to the Dragons but don't be surprised in the least if Morris averages some where around 150m a game this year.

Angus Crichton will also give us far more work out of 2nd row than we got from Liu & Aubusson.

Teddy, Morris & Toops will still have to carry to bulk of the workload that Fergo leaves behind, we're only talking about a handful of carries that Fergo used to take mid or late set anyway.

Comment

Fair enough above....Crutchton has to work on his game in the middle he is pretty average in that department...very similar to aubs in style but i guess better hands
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I wonder what Robbo has up his sleeve to cover the Fergo meter loss. Assuming Morris cannot get close to his meter gains. TIT!!
        Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Morris will be our only proven fullback cover for Teddy during the Origin period (with Fergo gone, and Latrell on duty).

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
            Fair enough above....Crutchton has to work on his game in the middle he is pretty average in that department...very similar to aubs in style but i guess better hands
            He's an 80 minute, workhorse, right edge back rower, not a rotating prop/enforcer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
              It's not debatable. One player bends the line, can use the ball in some way, is aggressive and has speed. The other is slow, makes 5 metres a hit up, has two offloads in his career and is good for one big hit a season. Plus he has a terrible record with the judiciary.

No brainer if you ask me.
              Fair enough. You have a much bigger wrap on Tapau than I have, and I value Napa more than you do.

We'll see what the wash up is over time I suppose. As of now, Klemmer is still at Dogs, Naps is still a Chook and Tapau is still a chip stealer.

Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

He's an 80 minute, workhorse, right edge back rower, not a rotating prop/enforcer.
                I don't think he fits into the category of a workhorse, he's got more class to his game than that. He is very active with the number of touches he has a game but he's usually looking to create something by drifting across back field, trying to skip on the outside of his man or hit a hole.

I think we just adapt slightly as a team, where fergo used to come in for the odd play 3 or 4 carry during a set we will now probably look to direct some more ball to our right edge in an effort to come out of our own end. Similar to how we played when Sonny was there.

Comment

Crichton-Manu is a frightening combination. And Brett Morris is one of the great finishers of the NRL era, too.

I wonder how Ryan Hall's recovery is going. I sincerely hope he makes a sufficient recover to make an impact and prove how good he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                    Crichton-Manu is a frightening combination. And Brett Morris is one of the great finishers of the NRL era, too.

I wonder how Ryan Hall's recovery is going. I sincerely hope he makes a sufficient recover to make an impact and prove how good he is.
                    I wouldnt even bother with him.
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

We need this Hall bloke for depth.

Comment

Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
                        Morris will be our only proven fullback cover for Teddy during the Origin period (with Fergo gone, and Latrell on duty).
                        Ferguson wasn’t a reliable fullback anyway
                        EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post

Good luck to him now that Hayne's gaaawnski.

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post

True for the 98% of his times with us he was shaky but remember when Teddy was sent to the HIA I think against the Sharks, Fergo took over and even though we all held our breath whenever the ball was kicked to him, he was excellent and then in the GF his most excellent game without scoring which was a shame... He became very safe in a matter of games. Will miss Fergo and might buy one bottle of cruiser and drink it on the roof in homage!

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

I wouldnt even bother with him.
                              I'm more interested to see how Hall plays than Morris. But Morris will get the jump on him as i doubt Hall will be fit to start the season.

Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post

I'm more interested to see how Hall plays than Morris. But Morris will get the jump on him as i doubt Hall will be fit to start the season.
                                There's a picture on the Roosters Facebook feed of Hall at Roosters training. Maybe he's fitter than we think...

Comment

Working...
                                X