Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Embrace the hate.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Embrace the hate.

    Post the Slater decision, I will be advising my son that there is a new exception to my strict "don't boo anyone but Souths and the ref's rule".

    I will be booing every time Slater touches the ball.

    I encourage you all of you at the game to join me on the day.
    Originally posted by ism22;n764344
    I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

  • #2
    I like Billy Slater as a player, but we're going to make him wish that he hadn't got of at the judiciary.

    Comment


    • #3
      its not Billys fault he got off. Of course he would try - so would everyone of our squad. Save you boos for Greenburg and any other NRL official - and the media as well they were as much responsible for getting him off as anyone. He will embrace the boos and just motivate him. Want to effect him in a negative way - ignore the feet first grub. Much prefer to win with some integrity than stoop to booing opposition whom if they wore our jumper we would fall in love with ie Cooper Cronk, Fergo and Keary etc.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The Lip View Post
        its not Billys fault he got off. Of course he would try - so would everyone of our squad. Save you boos for Greenburg and any other NRL official - and the media as well they were as much responsible for getting him off as anyone. He will embrace the boos and just motivate him. Want to effect him in a negative way - ignore the feet first grub. Much prefer to win with some integrity than stoop to booing opposition whom if they wore our jumper we would fall in love with ie Cooper Cronk, Fergo and Keary etc.

        Each to their own. To me he represents the NRLs decision in this. There will be no misconceptions about why he is being booed, and it will have far more impact on the NRL than reserving it for Greenburg.

        As for spuring him on? I don't buy it. He won't even hear it.


        Originally posted by ism22;n764344
        I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The Lip View Post
          its not Billys fault he got off. Of course he would try - so would everyone of our squad. Save you boos for Greenburg and any other NRL official - and the media as well they were as much responsible for getting him off as anyone. He will embrace the boos and just motivate him. Want to effect him in a negative way - ignore the feet first grub. Much prefer to win with some integrity than stoop to booing opposition whom if they wore our jumper we would fall in love with ie Cooper Cronk, Fergo and Keary etc.
          Tend to agree here Instead of booing Id prefer we all cheered loudly every time he was tackled and even louder if he makes a mistake
          Until the philosophy which holds on race superior and another inferior Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned then everywhere is war That until there is no longer 1st class or 2nd class citizens of any nation. Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes. Then its a war. That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race Then its a war
          Haile Selassie

          Comment


          • #6
            The booing should be aimed at the NRL. They are the ones who made the stupid rule.

            Anyone with a feel for the game knows that missing a gf for that would be massively ill-judged and unnecessary.

            The issue is the inconsistency.
            Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
              The booing should be aimed at the NRL. They are the ones who made the stupid rule
              How does one boo the NRL?
              Originally posted by ism22;n764344
              I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

              Comment


              • #8
                No!!! Boo Billy and the NRL..Who knows, it might make him think twice when he's under the ball and all he hears are boos. Boo till your hearts content. The fans are #14...or is it 18?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I donít care whose fault the judicial decision was. Iím gonna be giving Slater and the Storm one hell of a serenade on Sunday....
                  Red, White and Bluesters!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I will be booing Slater on Sunday . And iím usually pretty quite at the footy .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I won't be able to talk for a week after this game.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post


                        Each to their own. To me he represents the NRLs decision in this. There will be no misconceptions about why he is being booed, and it will have far more impact on the NRL than reserving it for Greenburg.

                        As for spuring him on? I don't buy it. He won't even hear it.

                        Gotta admit it was great to see the hate every time he touched it - well done boys - we absolutely gave him no opportunity - the defence again was beautiful to watch.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          By the end of his post-game interview Roosters fans applauded him, which the morning media didn't seem to be aware of. The booing during the game was justified. It wasn't personal (even though I may have called him a grub once or twice, or maybe every time he touched the ball...sorry, can't remember.). All friends after the game, but he should not have been out there. We could've missed the big dance because of suspensions to our stars, but they get off scott free. Apart from his admission (which should've been pounced on by the judiciary prosecutor) that he could've gone about the tackle in a safer way, media are always going on about not showing things in slow motion, but he finds a fraction of a second in a still frame that shows his hand up, which somehow makes the tackle all right. I personally didn't care if he played or not, because I truly believed what we saw last night was how it was going to be played out. In fact, it was great he did, because they had no excuses.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The Lip View Post

                            Gotta admit it was great to see the hate every time he touched it - well done boys - we absolutely gave him no opportunity - the defence again was beautiful to watch.
                            It sure was. There was a bloke by me, every time the fan noise let up he'd pipe up with "it was a shoulder charge", and everyone would crack up.

                            What a great night
                            Originally posted by ism22;n764344
                            I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by The Lip View Post
                              its not Billys fault he got off.
                              That's the thing with teflon bill, nothing is ever his fault.
                              Even when he kicks people in the head, takes dives, tells lies, etc, etc.

                              I'm still shocked he didn't do a DCE and steal the churchill medal.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X