Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we toughen the rules against away fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we toughen the rules against away fans?

Enjoy some posts of away fans who come here in the right spirit, but do we need The Chookpen to be a forum for away fans to hog the debate?

Happy for agenda pushing to be at the discretion of the moderators, but I wouldn't have a problem with limiting away fans to a given number of posts per thread, to be applied only if home fans complain.

Anyone who posts on The Chookpen should be respectful that this is a forum for Roosters supporters. There are other forums where people can be as partisan as they want. Indeed, we as Roosters supporters can join other forums if we want to get the povs of other teams' supporters.

Regardless, mods, thanks for your work in allowing us to share our opinions!

Really, this is just meant as a forum for roosters fans. I’m relatively new here, so I don’t really know of much people on here who support different teams. But that thread from ‘Glory’ really peeved me off, because it’s not like we go into their forum to gloat
    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Other than the regular comics, I haven't really seen any 'away fans' on here.

IMO there is no need to toughen the rules on the basis that if it ain't broke we shouldn't 'fix' it. If (for example) we lose on the weekend and legit Souffs fans come and flood the place with pictures of Burgess' todger then they would probably be banned for spamming anyway.

Right now the biggest spammers are odd advertisers trying to push ill-defined agendas. Fortunately they seem to be at bay right now.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
        Regardless, mods, thanks for your work in allowing us to share our opinions!
        Although i prefer not to engage and satisfy their need for validation, i do however enjoy the rest of you giving it to them in a defensive yet respectful manner.
        For me, it's a bit like the cat who's caught the mouse and toying with it before it decides it's fate

Comment

Doesnt bother me if people who follow other teams want to post on here. I get a laugh out of it to tell you the truth.

Comment

How else would we learn about Nick Politis setting up Sam Burgess? It's a vital community service.

Comment

I’m convinced the troll re burgearse is a paid troll to change perceptions of their club.
              im sure if anyone could be bothered to look on other clubs supporters sites, this bloke is spewing the same propaganda
              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
                How else would we learn about Nick Politis setting up Sam Burgess? It's a vital community service.
                That truth notwithstanding, my vote is to toughen the rules up.

There are some of us who like the battle - which is great - and there are others who want to come here and not have to wade through what amounts to little more than spam. We want this to be a place where all Roosters fans enjoy coming to.
                Last edited by zac; 09-20-2018, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                  I’m convinced the troll re burgearse is a paid troll to change perceptions of their club.
                  im sure if anyone could be bothered to look on other clubs supporters sites, this bloke is spewing the same propaganda
                  You've got that right ! Greenturd on 7 news tonight nearly brought me to tears .. Poor Sam is now the farking victim oh FFS . If Pearce hadn't been thrown under the bus for a different ( but similar regarding NRL being disrepute ) I wouldn't give a rat's arse . It is all about CONSISTENCY . And beating the Vermin at full strength will be all the sweeter on Saturday night, bring it on . Up the Roosters !!

Comment

The only thing about the troll I’ve had enjoyment from is that part of his name reminded me of the post punk music scene in Sydney via Sekret Sekret

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                      The only thing about the troll I’ve had enjoyment from is that part of his name reminded me of the post punk music scene in Sydney via Sekret Sekret
                      You've got a good memory. I used to play in a band with a guy who played with the Slug ****ers.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

You've got a good memory. I used to play in a band with a guy who played with the Slug ****ers.
                        A great inner city scene in those days. The Thought Criminals were fun and later on Tactics were a good band also.

Comment

Working...
                        X