Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing this year's prelim team to last year's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TDK View Post

Mate don’t kid yourself, their forwards aren’t battered or bruised. They will come out 200 miles per hour and if we aren’t ready for them than Cronk and Teddy won’t make a difference. These type of games are won in the middle and they have had two hard semis to condition themselves while we had an average game against the Sharks and now have a team with suspensions to key players and forwards with injuries including now Jake. I think our bench is average and would rather bring Taukieaho off the bench with Tetevano. If Jake is injured than Rads to hooker Aubo to backrow and ikivalu to centre.
    Of course their forwards are battered and bruised. We will also come out 200 miles an hour but after 20 mins and with 20 to go our freshness be obvious.

Comment

That was then, this is now
      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

We are a far better outfit this year compared to last year.
        Mitchell is a massive out but our defence can keep us in the game. Stopping the Burgess boys limits the damage Cook causes and will be a key to the result. We are rested and they had a tough slog last week. Teddy around the play the ball will cause them problems. If Toops and Fergo have good games without any stuff ups I think we will get the chocolates in a tight one.
        Easts to win

Comment

In terms of individual players making the difference I reckon its Luke Keary (Sept 2018 version) and Victor Radley.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Of course their forwards are battered and bruised. We will also come out 200 miles an hour but after 20 mins and with 20 to go our freshness be obvious.
            I like the way you put it.

The one positive for me is that Napa was relegated to the bench before being suspended and so was Maubs. We still have all of our forwards available on that basis. Also, Fergo and Toops both act as front rowers these days, so we won't lack go-forward in attack.

Remembering Souffs' bench is Hunt, Marray, Clark and Britt (all pretty damn ordinary) I reckon Souffs may be in for a surprise. Their assumption will be that:
            - a bunch of big Burgess boys, Crichton and Sutton can bash the shizzle out of us
            - Cook can run straight through the Middle
            - Reynolds can do lotsa pin point kicks
            - GI and Gagai can make up for their lack of a real FB and wingers

IMO we have more weapons than them. Also, their reserves, FB and wingers are absolute krap.

Comment

i feel were in trouble this game without napa and latrell ...sucks

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                i feel were in trouble this game without napa and latrell ...sucks
                Be tough but end of the day I reckon it's a fair test. If we cannot beat Souffs without them, we cannot beat Melbourne.

They cannot beat Melbourne.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I like the way you put it.

The one positive for me is that Napa was relegated to the bench before being suspended and so was Maubs. We still have all of our forwards available on that basis. Also, Fergo and Toops both act as front rowers these days, so we won't lack go-forward in attack.

Remembering Souffs' bench is Hunt, Marray, Clark and Britt (all pretty damn ordinary) I reckon Souffs may be in for a surprise. Their assumption will be that:
                  - a bunch of big Burgess boys, Crichton and Sutton can bash the shizzle out of us
                  - Cook can run straight through the Middle
                  - Reynolds can do lotsa pin point kicks
                  - GI and Gagai can make up for their lack of a real FB and wingers

IMO we have more weapons than them. Also, their reserves, FB and wingers are absolute krap.
                  Murray is actually a very good player. A great replacement for Angus for those grubby bastards.

Comment

Working...
                  X