• Show
Clear All

• Good Press

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...d1qvk601mx60ek
    talking about the unwarranted jealousy over the Roosters. Good read
    EASTS TO WIN!

Thanks.

Comment

This jealously must end. It is cheap and petty.

The Sydney Roosters endure constant sniping about their salary cap. It’s unfounded, on-going and acrimonious.

There is nothing worse than social media peeps that mix envy with anger and jealousy. It is a wicked concoction.

Roosters chairman Nick Politis told The Daily Telegraph earlier this year: “Everyone is jealous of the Roosters. This has been going on for 50 years.”

Politis is 100 per cent correct.

Why is it the Roosters are belted on social media every time the club signs a player?

No other club seems to fall under the same scrutiny. Does anyone question Brisbane’s roster? Souths? Cronulla? Penrith?

In the last two years, the Roosters have shed around $3m in talent.

Those players to leave include Mitchell Pearce, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Aidan Guerra, Connor Watson, Michael Gordon, Kane Evans, Paul Carter, Jayden Nikorima, Liam Knight and Dale Copley.

And before that James Maloney, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Michael Jennings also moved on.

Powerful winger Blake Ferguson and utility Ryan Matterson will depart after this season. Frank-Paul Nu’uausala will retire.

Surely that frees up enough money for the club to sign Angus Crichton, Ryan Hall and Brett Morris in 2019 without being hounded by fans from rival clubs.

I’m told Morris accepted minimal money.

The Roosters are a professional, glamorous and well-run club. Other clubs couldn’t run a sausage sizzle.

It seems they are hounded and criticised simply for being successful.

Maybe other clubs should try to rise to the Roosters’ high level rather than tear down a foundation club which constantly sets the benchmark.
      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Good article.

I think the jealousy can be seen even on our own forum this week. The procession of Souths supporters coming on here and having their say is so obvious...and the one thing that it reeks of is FEAR.

They know we will end their season on Saturday night and this is how they are "coping" with it. They dont want to face it.

Even players who have played for both clubs say the hatred and longing to be better than us is more from Souths than us. We just get on with being the professional club others aspire to. Our commitment is to excellence...not jealousy or envy.

Let them have their fun for a few days and worry about defending their serial offenders while we get on with what we do best...winning.

Can you smell that? Its FEAR...red and green style.

Sometimes I feel a bit sad for them.

Comment

Good article.

I think the jealousy can be seen even on our own forum this week. The procession of Souths supporters coming on here and having their say is so obvious...and the one thing that it reeks of is FEAR.

They know we will end their season on Saturday night and this is how they are "coping" with it. They dont want to face it.

Even players who have played for both clubs say the hatred and longing to be better than us is more from Souths than us. We just get on with being the professional club others aspire to. Our commitment is to excellence...not jealousy or envy.

Let them have their fun for a few days and worry about defending their serial offenders while we get on with what we do best...winning.

Can you smell that? Its FEAR...red and green style.

Sometimes I feel a bit sad for them.

Comment

Nobody else wants to believe it. It's easier to accept that they get whooped because we cheat. Plenty more whoopings to follow.

Comment

i can smell their putrid fear its a wonderful thing!

Comment

I got a good laugh yesterday whilst waiting for tickets. I had vermin fans telling me we have to be over the salary cap I responded no we are just a professionally run club. Out of interest I asked them what is the salary cap for this season Not one of them knew the answer to the question Whist not suprised in the slightest I let them know of my amusement of how foolish they all sounded making accusations like they were, without even knowing what the salsry cap amount actually is. ABSOLUTE MORONS it was great to laugh in their faces like I did.
                We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Well done Dean Ritchie!

Comment

What's with all the duplicate posts?

Or is this ganja finally getting to me????????
                    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

yes mun I mean NO mun, the site is under attack mun

the fear from Souths is palpable

what is more poignant is the anger now written across Robbo's face now we are where we were last year.
                      "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

We get penetrated by one vermin ****wit and the site is all ****ing diseased already! Sheesh!
                        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                          We get penetrated by one vermin ****wit and the site is all ****ing diseased already! Sheesh!
                          So I'm not the only one with stuff not loading?
                          #InRobboWeTrust

Comment

Has Bulldog left the Astonisher?

He has admitted to being a Chooks fan in the past.
                            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Now just need the other so called journalists on Fox to read the article. Blocky have you read it yet? No more snide comments during the commentary please.

Comment

Working...
                              X