Andrew Webster of the SMH - Souths PR campaign to save Burgess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnnysekret View Post

Sam has already employed two of Sydney's best defamation lawyers who are looking into all media articles, social media and rugby league forums.
    And the club has mobilised their friends in the media as part of a PR campaign... which was the point of my post.

Don’t worry. Your hero will get off. He is an important part of your brand and your mythology and people will continue to label him and his steroid-enhanced siblings as role models, despite their propensity to wave their genitals about and vandalise parked cars.

Comment

They are trying to link it to the Roosters and will use it as bullshit motivation this week. I don’t like where this is going. We should stay away from it as a club.

Comment

Originally posted by TDK View Post
        They are trying to link it to the Roosters and will use it as bullshit motivation this week. I don’t like where this is going. We should stay away from it as a club.
        Yes, absolutely, and that is another dimension of the Souths/Webster PR strategy: "No, it's not Sam's tiny todger that is the problem, it's those evil Roosters! It's another chapter in the Book of Feuds! Ring the bell, glory, glory etc..."

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
          Save Burgess from missing a prelim..... but destroyed his marriage in the process.

what an utter scumbag Sammy B is. Heavily pregnant wife and infant child at home, and he is out trawling social media for pussy.
          You could tell Sammy Boy knows he's done bad by his loved one's.
          When CH9 Freddy put it to him after the game that it had been a tough week for him, he put on his best sidestep of the year and commented on his team's performance.
          Mummy Burgess should have taught him when he was a little boy- "play with matches and you'll get burnt"!

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

Yes, absolutely, and that is another dimension of the Souths/Webster PR strategy: "No, it's not Sam's tiny todger that is the problem, it's those evil Roosters! It's another chapter in the Book of Feuds! Ring the bell, glory, glory etc..."
            [Star wars theme plays in the background]

Meh this is just a sideshow. I hope we crush them!

Comment

The NRL are cautious about getting this wrong like they did with Brett Stewart so they’ll want to ensure that if they punish Sam that it’s done for the right thing. Watch these morning shows with women giving their 2cents over these next few days and the NRL will be pressured to do something about it. Like I said, it’s only been a few days since this broke out.

Comment

They are serial flasher. Didn’t George take selfies of his long John and send them viral?

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                  The NRL are cautious about getting this wrong like they did with Brett Stewart so they’ll want to ensure that if they punish Sam that it’s done for the right thing. Watch these morning shows with women giving their 2cents over these next few days and the NRL will be pressured to do something about it. Like I said, it’s only been a few days since this broke out.
                  Yet, curiously, they had no such qualms when Mitchell Pearce got drunk and made a distasteful joke (fully clothed). Nor did the SMH tread as carefully around this issue when SKD was accused by a proven scam artist - no, they called for his head immediately.

Comment

There is a claim this was a consensual video chat.

This woman has alleged she was repulsed and hung up immediately.

If this was true, how did she take multiple screenshots?

There is also a screendump inclusive of a woman partly naked. from the chat. which suggests this may well have been consensual.

There is no screenshot of any players face at any time in any photo, making it impossible to identify the alleged flasher.

IF Burgess did this it is totally the wrong thing to do for a married man, no debate about that, and Phoebe must be feeling betrayed.

However that is nothing to do with anyone apart from the couple involved.

I am not defending him as I don't know the facts, none of us do.

What I do know is there is always two sides to a story, and based on the actual evidence it would be very hard for the NRL to suspend him without facing a potential legal mine field.
                    If his face was in the pics, different scenario.

Sam has already employed two of Sydney's best defamation lawyers who are looking into all media articles, social media and rugby league forums.

There will be more to come.
                    What business was Todd Carney peeing in his own mouth to anyone bar his own?

What business was a couple of Bulldogs players getting naked to anyone bar the people who were present at the private function?

What business was Pearce acting like a drunken tool to anyone bar those present?

There is no legal minefield here, these players sign very strict code of conduct contracts when they start out. The NRL is well within its powers to stand players down for breaches of that code of conduct and I bet my bottom dollar there's something about behaviour on social media in that contract.

Time for someone to stand up and take some accountability because Sam's family is the innocent party in all of this and they're the only ones who will lose if this drags on.

Comment

Just imagine for a moment if this was Mitchell Pearce at the Roosters.

It'd be front page news and the first news story on tv for a week until Greenturd eventually sentenced Pearce to death by guillotine just before the Prelim.

Comment

I don't know about you lot, but I read that article as pretty defamatory towards our fans.

"Within seconds of the full-time siren sounding in that match, Roosters members and fans started lobbying their all-powerful chairman, Nick Politis, to put pressure on NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg to stand down the Souths player."

"In a bizarre twist, the woman involved in the sexting scandal has identified herself as a Roosters fan who hails from Sydney’s eastern suburbs. There is no suggestion she is trying to sabotage Souths’ run at the premiership."

If there is no suggestion this woman is trying to sabotage, why even mention unsubstantiated rumours of who this woman supports?

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                          The only people that crewed up where the police in Stewart's case, he admitted guilt to the arresting officers that evening, problem was his lawyer argued that his admission of guilt should be squashed and thrown out because he " was in no state" to know what he did, basically he was either too drunk or off chops to a) know what he was doing and b) admit exactly what he did.

That aptly nicknamed Snake should have gotten longer.

Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

can uncle nick start swinging his dick round and get todd to do his job

Comment

There is a claim this was a consensual video chat.

This woman has alleged she was repulsed and hung up immediately.

If this was true, how did she take multiple screenshots?

There is also a screendump inclusive of a woman partly naked. from the chat. which suggests this may well have been consensual.

There is no screenshot of any players face at any time in any photo, making it impossible to identify the alleged flasher.

IF Burgess did this it is totally the wrong thing to do for a married man, no debate about that, and Phoebe must be feeling betrayed.

However that is nothing to do with anyone apart from the couple involved.

I am not defending him as I don't know the facts, none of us do.

What I do know is there is always two sides to a story, and based on the actual evidence it would be very hard for the NRL to suspend him without facing a potential legal mine field.
                              If his face was in the pics, different scenario.

There will be more to come.
                              Welcome to the Roosters page mate, now jog on back to the burrow, theres a good lad.

Comment

Nothing like a bit of victim shaming from the media before all facts are brought out just to cover one of their favourite sons.

The NRL can't tell who is in those photos but it appears Sammy's wife can as can his brothers.

Comment

Working...
                                X