No announcement yet.

Mitchell Grade 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting take from Gus Gould on twitter tonight below..

Latrell Mitchell beaten by the carryover points system. Not by the grade one charge for this action. Never been a fan of carryover points. It’s not fair. It only leads to problems. Someone gets caught at finals time every year by this system.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
      im obviously in the minority here, what latrell did was stupid and deserved a week , more clear cut then the second napa incident, it was a shocking tackle and i would expect any player from any club to be suspended over it , im expecting some flames over this post , no im not some troll or a souffs supporter , latrell needs to work on discipline, fantastic player, but this was a complete brain fade on his part im afraid
      Do you recall Latrell being stretchered off the field against the panfers recently? Was cleary's a crusher?
      Besides that one, there have been others committed against Roosters players that went without the opposition player being cited.
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by Lydon View Post
        Interesting take from Gus Gould on twitter tonight below..

Latrell Mitchell beaten by the carryover points system. Not by the grade one charge for this action. Never been a fan of carryover points. It’s not fair. It only leads to problems. Someone gets caught at finals time every year by this system.
        It's an interesting and valid point.

And, btw, anyone who thinks they understand Gus might want to have another think. Understanding him is like painting the Harbour Bridge - as soon as you get to one end, you've got to start at the beginning again.

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
          Here comes our 4th consecutive preliminary loss. Slater will have already written his Clive Churchill award speech by now. We were the only team both last year and this year who could stop the storm but we are being deliberately interfered with & weakened by the CORRUPT NRL so there can be only a Slater fairytale outcome.

After all, it’s what the media want most that counts.

Alright Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post

Alright Trump
            Fake News
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• I think a few scribes and commentators might struggle to get interviews with Latrell after the rubbish that has come out over this tackle on Dugan who by the way i consider to be a world class dropkick Robbo and latrell ignored them on the way out and i reckon the less latrell has to do with the media the better it will be for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
                I think a few scribes and commentators might struggle to get interviews with Latrell after the rubbish that has come out over this tackle on Dugan who by the way i consider to be a world class dropkick Robbo and latrell ignored them on the way out and i reckon the less latrell has to do with the media the better it will be for him.
                Great post. Fully agree.

It was a marginal tackle at worst, no different from dozens that go unpenalised, and most certainly not as bad as the crusher on Latrell himself by Cleary, who escaped even being charged.

The witch hunt by many of the media was disgraceful - the canonisation of dickhead tearful Dugan ("Me neck still hurts, sniffle sniffle") as a victim only added to the absurdity, disproportionality and agenda-driven dishonesty of the coverage.

The club have every right to ignore the media after that.

And here's hoping we can repay the haters in the best possible way, starting with securing a GF place.

Comment

• The only way to shut the haters and feel vindicated is to win the Prelim without Napa and Latrell..

I have no doubt in my mind and complete trust in Robbo and the team to fully prepare over the next 2 weeks and right the wrongs of last year to advance to the GF!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Brain View Post

Fake News
                    Its that time of year and I don’t like how Easts are being treated by the judiciary and media. 2 suspension in a preliminary to me reeks of bias. How many other teams have players suspended for these matches. How many are charged. Call it fake news if you will but we are not getting a fair go by both the media or the nrl.
                    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Interesting take from Gus Gould on twitter tonight below..

It s*x but I accept the rules are there for a reason. I mean if there were no carry-over points, what is the alternative? There has to be some disincentive for repeat offenders and Latrell woulda known he was on thin ice.

Comment

The only way to shut the haters and feel vindicated is to win the Prelim without Napa and Latrell..

I have no doubt in my mind and complete trust in Robbo and the team to fully prepare over the next 2 weeks and right the wrongs of last year to advance to the GF!
                        We will get it done this time, but..
                        Trust Robbo, when we have won 1-4 prelims?
                        ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Here comes our 4th consecutive preliminary loss. Slater will have already written his Clive Churchill award speech by now. We were the only team both last year and this year who could stop the storm but we are being deliberately interfered with & weakened by the CORRUPT NRL so there can be only a Slater fairytale outcome.

After all, it’s what the media want most that counts.
                          Why do you even bother following/watching the game if that is your belief?
                          The Roosters have been one of the most successful clubs since Superleague.
                          The game is not rigged or manipulated gal friend & there is no conspiracy from the NRL against the Roosters. Do you honestly think Nick would have anything to do with an NRL club if the game was rigged?
                          If the Chooks are good enough they will win the Premiership, end of story.

Comment

Its that time of year and I don’t like how Easts are being treated by the judiciary and media. 2 suspension in a preliminary to me reeks of bias. How many other teams have players suspended for these matches. How many are charged. Call it fake news if you will but we are not getting a fair go by both the media or the nrl.
                            Hey RC, I can't promise you anything but I have a feeling we can do it this year, even without Latrell and Dylan this week. Nobody in the media wants us to, but that's irrrlevant.

Souffs coach Seibold, a sour excuse making spoilsport like Sharks coach Flanno, already sounds desperate - playing the underdog "we've got nothing to lose and everything to gain against this star studded roosters team everyone expects to win" card. Those to me sound like the words of a desperate coach who is praying and trying to drum up sympathetic treatment by the match officials - which he may very well get.

No no doubt he coaches a team of milking, genital flashing dogs who lay down for penalties.

Fat owner Rusty (who in a nice touch was allowed to have the kids this week) is Lord Vader. Robbo is Obe Wan Kenobe and we will use the force to prevail!!

Comment

• Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Hey RC, I can't promise you anything but I have a feeling we can do it this year, even without Latrell and Dylan this week. Nobody in the media wants us to, but that's irrrlevant.

Souffs coach Seibold, a sour excuse making spoilsport like Sharks coach Flanno, already sounds desperate - playing the underdog "we've got nothing to lose and everything to gain against this star studded roosters team everyone expects to win" card. Those to me sound like the words of a desperate coach who is praying and trying to drum up sympathetic treatment by the match officials - which he may very well get.

No no doubt he coaches a team of milking, genital flashing dogs who lay down for penalties.

Fat owner Rusty (who in a nice touch was allowed to have the kids this week) is Lord Vader. Robbo is Obe Wan Kenobe and we will use the force to prevail!!
                              Agreed. In 3 points:
                              - Napa hits hard but was regularly relegated to the bench due to a lack of form in other aspects of his game. JWH, SST, Liu and Tetevano will provide great quality front-row rotations without Napa. Souffs have a bigger pack, we have a more mobile pack. We beat a similar if not bigger pack (Cronulla) without Napa and should be able to beat the Souffs pack on speed EASILY if we pull our finger out.
                              - Latrell bends lines and draws defenders but our game doesn't revolve around him bagging gratiutous line-breaks. With Fergo, Teddy, Toops and Manu in our backline we have no excuses.
                              - Souffs are pretty rudderless and will be relying on an injured half + an injured has-been centre to steer the ship. Their only real x-factor is gonna be dummy half runs from a 1-dimensional hooker in his break-out season. If Friend is worth his salt, he will not allow Cook to run through the centre of us - he will do 60-70 tackles and Cook will sit around shrugging at why there is no gap down the centre of the field. This leaves it all up to Reynolds to beat Cronk and Keary in a kicking/distribution battle. No offence to the guy but if he can do that, Cronk and Keary seriously need to pull their socks up in 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Why do you even bother following/watching the game if that is your belief?
                                The Roosters have been one of the most successful clubs since Superleague.
                                The game is not rigged or manipulated gal friend & there is no conspiracy from the NRL against the Roosters. Do you honestly think Nick would have anything to do with an NRL club if the game was rigged?
                                If the Chooks are good enough they will win the Premiership, end of story.
                                Mickie you crack me up.

Comment

Working...
                                X