No announcement yet.

Mitchell Grade 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely we fight this. Everytime I see it, it looks more inoccuous.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
      So does that mean if he hadn't have done that idiotic pointless cannonball tackle last week when we led by plenty and had the game in hand … this bullsh!t crusher ????charge wouldn't have stopped him from playing week3 ???
      Yes that is correct.

A moment of unnecessary madness could have season defining ramifications.

Comment

If Mitchell sits out a game, then so be it. You don't get to be Minor Premiers if you are a one man team.
        Watching the Souths/Melbourne game and they looked to be a few of the Vermin who were pretty weary. They have to go again against a depleted merge before likely facing us but that doesn't mean the dragons are going to lie down. Graham might be thinking it could be his last chance to win a comp and should be well up for it.

Things are playing out nicely for us IMO.

Cronk delivering the goods in the pressure of finals footy.
        Manu looking like a very good NRL player.
        Our bench performing above expectation.
        Napa and JWH (assuming we get to a GF) should be fresher than most having both had time out.
        We even won a penalty count against the Sharks.
        Get to the GF and I actually think we are specials to win.

Comment

Showing his inexperience
          im all for aggressive play, but he really does sail close to the wind and he didn’t need to do that last night.
          What I don’t want to see is him turning into a Macguire/Chambers type of grub. We don’t need that sort of player at our club, I despise that grubby shit in the game

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post

That really worries me i have nightmares about maubs playing in the centeres
            I can’t blame you after the way last year ended,he would be the best defensive option though v GI and Gagai..

Comment

Originally posted by kakaruk View Post

That really worries me i have nightmares about maubs playing in the centeres
              Mains a much better option than Matto IMO. And you would imagine it would b out of the two of them. At least you know when Maubs is in centre that the defence side of things is 100% taken care of. And that should b what we concentrate on if we lose Latrell for a week. He has pretty much lost all his attacking flair at present so points may not come as freely from our left edge. Maybe then Manu/Fergo will be the go to edge which I find mouth watering. Manu has come along leaps and bounds in the back half of the season! As long as that defensive hole is plugged for 1 week, I am happy.
              Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

It’s a crusher, he’ gone a week.

Last week’s cannonball wasn’t really an isolated incident either. We sail pretty close to the wind with third men going in at the legs.

Can Matto play centre? Maubs dies with the ball.

Comment

New charge......................100 points
                  Carry over..........................075
                  Total..................................175points
                  One week suspension for every 100 points

Fight the charge and lose...the new charge points go to 125 (Roosters website).
                  75 +125 = 200 points 2 weeks suspension

Comment

Base charge is 120 points
                    Early is 90 points
                    Carryover is 75 points

Worst case 1 game /195 points with a failed appeal

Comment

We should fight it , he didn't have his head crushed when he slammed him down , he pushed on his chest and back slammed the soft prick who milked it for he could.
                      The crusher part of the tackle was when he was standing the tackle going backwards ducking his head into his own chest , and there were 3 players involved in the tackle at that point.
                      I hate Dugan , he's a prick , his haircut summed him up perfectly , massive dickhead.

Comment

presuming we fight, the hearing will be on tuesday, is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Not sure how,

latrell had his arm wrapped under dugans neck, while his other arm was under the arm pit locked to his other hand, and then dropped him to the ground.

We are lucky he only got a grade one, and with nothing to lose, uncle nick can hire the best, but still not sure what the defence will be.

the only way he would of got off easily was if he released his grip before he dropped him to the ground.
                          Mate we'll be right. Robbo will sort it out. He's the man when it comes to this sort of stuff. He will explain to the judiciary at great length why it wasn't a crusher, in such a way that will leave them slightly confused but also convinced that he knows a lot more about football than them and must be right.

Trust in Trent.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

Mate we'll be right. Robbo will sort it out. He's the man when it comes to this sort of stuff. He will explain to the judiciary at great length why it wasn't a crusher, in such a way that will leave them slightly confused but also convinced that he knows a lot more about football than them and must be right.

Trust in Trent.
                            I understand he will present the case in French and, before doing so, will insist that the judiciary members all stand for a stirring rendition of La Marseillaise.

Comment

entered a not guilty plea
                              https://www.roosters.com.au/news/201...rell-mitchell/

Comment

Its intersting after latrell was caught in a crusher tackle by Nathan Cleary, who wasnt charged, in round 17,.latrell who was stretchered off feared he would end up like Alex Mckinnon and not walk again.I think Latrell would be the last person to do a crusher tackle...it was simply an awkward tackle made worse by Dugans role.....ugly accidental tackles happen...doesnt mean it should be chargeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X