Phil Gould Commentary Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nigel Gaffey View Post
    Gus has been well known for having a biased towards our club particularly due to his affiliation with uncle Nick. Opposition fans have always slammed Gus for being biased towards the roosters and Gus is no doubt conscious of being an easy target every time he says something positive about our club. Deep down he still loves the chooks and I can understand why he tries to appear like he’s sitting on the other side of the fence. Channel 9 pay his wages so he needs to keep the fans happy that watch F2A
    Sorry I can't agree with anything you have written here. Gould loves Gould that's it besides a love for Penrith. He is driven by self agenda and actually believes he is the "god" of RL where as he is actually the biggest pox on the game. Rugby League will not progress until he (and Ray Warren) have noithing to do with RL.

He is insanely jealous of the Rossters and hasn't had anything to do with them for years.
    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
    sigpic

Comment

I like Gus.

Comment

i usually enjoy the fox commentary when the roosters play, but last night i found them extremely biased towards the shire. including wade graham this and that, his ijury was the only one and how important he is to their future games. Lucky for us the sst isnt. ohh hang on what about sio. he is our 2nd best, or sometimes best forward. ffs fox get it together. two teams in finals so call it fair.
        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

I like Gus too
          im not a hater

I do get concerned for his reputation when he keeps interfering with coaching

he seems disingenuous
          barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Simple, Jealousy Bee Sting Head is a creature of habit
            Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Two things:
              Gus family are all mad sharks fans.
              Gus is taking the heat off the Panthers.
              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                I don't want to be unfair to Gus, but I have to say he is a very fat old queer with a severe alcohol and gambling problem. He pretends to be friends with Uncle Nick, but that is only because Nick paid off his massive gambling debts as part of the deal to bring him to Easts in the 90s. The team he had back then was good enough to win a title, but his emotional instability and erratic nature must have rubbed off on the team.

He has never forgiven our success since his departure.

His biased, vindictive commentary ramblings are a disgrace but most of all an embarrassment to himself.

He really should shoot himself.
                Glad you were fair on him .....

Comment

[QUOTE=Louis N;n760248]
                  Originally posted by Woodsta View Post
                  Yes love the silence from him and Rabs when Cronk kicked the Field goal they were both Shattered!! They soooo much wanted Lewis to score that try.. [/Q]

Rabs actually called it wide for reasons best known to himself. Wonder what they dropped on that result. Was priceless - music to my ears.
                  Yeah i know its went over the black dot ! Old fuddy duddy warren had it going right???

Comment

Rabbits Warren is farking worse. He hates us.
                    He did everything he could by talking about Mitchells crusher tackle. Farking biased commentary.

Comment

Where to go? Nine for the HD and put up with anti-Roosters comments, or Foxsports and put up with anti-Roosters comments from Blocker and one or two of the other. I mostly just put up with the lack of HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                        Rabbits Warren is farking worse. He hates us.
                        He did everything he could by talking about Mitchells crusher tackle. Farking biased commentary.
                        Hes a shocker. Its a joke that such a dud is still employed and lauded by some.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Donald Trump...Making America Great Again.
                          Pity he's not here wearing his red cap and Making Australia Great Again.

We could have him run the NRL too...Making the NRL Great Again.
                          He can bring his wife who has big fake tits and sounds like Dracula. And with his affinity with all things Russian, Ian Rubin would be back in favor.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

I’ve noticed his bias for a long time now and have mentioned it on here many times before. Quite a few posters said I was imagining it and he just tries hard to try to not appear biased in favour of the Roosters. But I agree with you completely Louis. His giant ego reveals his anti Roosters agenda time and again. I truly think he is jealous of any coach who has had success at the Roosters since he left.

You're right onto it mightyrooster. It could be jealousy. It's something I've noticed over the last few years, especially since Robinson took on the head coaching role. Some criticisms may be justified as with any team. But he seems to save the 50/50's relentlessly against us. He is also talking up opposition plays and not mentioning ours. Once he has an agenda it stays.

He had one against Michael Jennings and this bias was really noticable when Jennings starred in SOO games. On one occasion Jennings put us in the game with a brilliant solo try when there was nothinbg on. Had it been someone else the superlatives would have flowed freely. But they didn't come from Gould's microphone.

I regret having him as a commentator on any Roosters game. Only when we are blitzing the opposition does he offer effusive praise. That's when to do anything else would be really noticeable. It's an irritant but I've come to the stage of being humoured by it. And Rabs was a classic last night calling Cronk's field goal wide. It was as straight as a gun barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Hes a shocker. Its a joke that such a dud is still employed and lauded by some.
                              So how do you rate Rex The Moose Mossop in comparison to Rabbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

You're right onto it mightyrooster. It could be jealousy. It's something I've noticed over the last few years, especially since Robinson took on the head coaching role. Some criticisms may be justified as with any team. But he seems to save the 50/50's relentlessly against us. He is also talking up opposition plays and not mentioning ours. Once he has an agenda it stays.

He had one against Michael Jennings and this bias was really noticable when Jennings starred in SOO games. On one occasion Jennings put us in the game with a brilliant solo try when there was nothinbg on. Had it been someone else the superlatives would have flowed freely. But they didn't come from Gould's microphone.

I regret having him as a commentator on any Roosters game. Only when we are blitzing the opposition does he offer effusive praise. That's when to do anything else would be really noticeable. It's an irritant but I've come to the stage of being humoured by it. And Rabs was a classic last night calling Cronk's field goal wide. It was as straight as a gun barrel.
                                Agree. Call it female instinct if you like but I can sense his agenda a mile off. It’s not always Roosters games either where I can detect his agenda. He could be calling a game not involving the Chooks and he will ride a particular issue he has an interest in the entire game. It is so blatant.

Comment

Working...
                                X