Are our forwards tough enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are our forwards tough enough

To win these games, they appeared soft last week and especially this week, in fact a hell of a lot of games this season they have been showed up, what’s the answer? Playing with 13 men on the field is one of them, but fark me I am lost where they go to from here, unless we replace some of these slow plodders with hard running blokes creating second phase we will be fodder
    Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

gone down hill since JWH has been out one has to say - when is he back ?- chooks have no second phase play (offloads etc) and their attack is so easy to read which is why they cannot win the comp even if they finish top 4. - will need some might defence efforts to be any chance in finals games and a domination of possession.
    Last edited by King Salvo; 08-25-2018, 10:52 PM.

Comment

1700 run metres 2 weeks in a row.

Our go forward isn't the issue, we had plenty of opportunities to score tonight as we did last week we just didn't execute in attack.

It's a pure cop out if anyone tries to blame the forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
        gone down hill since JWH has been out - when is he back ?
        next week

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Our go forward isn't the issue, we had plenty of opportunities to score tonight as we did last week we just didn't execute in attack.

Have a look at their defensive efforts, the Broncs ran through them with ease at time, we could not stop the offload

What is the point of having 1700 run meters if you are not creating second phase or breaking the line, I haven’t checked the stats but the broncos would have tripled our amount of forward offloads
          Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

We miss Jared, big time.

Controversially, I reckon Radley should go back to the bench and Liu to 13. Vic is too dynamic and is better with the ball in hand more often, ie dummy half.

I like Butcher as a sub. Aubusson and Matterson are too similar and Tetevano holds his own.

Pack:
            JWH
            Friend
            Napa
            Cordner
            SST
            Liu

Bench:
            Tetevano
            Butcher
            Matterson
            Radley
            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

Have a look at their defensive efforts, the Broncs ran through them with ease at time, we could not stop the offload

What is the point of having 1700 run meters if you are not creating second phase or breaking the line, I haven’t checked the stats but the broncos would have tripled our amount of forward offloads
              The main offloader was TPJ who when he switched from the right edge over to the left just after the Napa sin bin had a bit of a field day running at Cronk. That's hardly a forwards issue.

Comment

Was those run metres all by forwards?

As our back 3 made by far the most

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                  We miss Jared, big time.

Controversially, I reckon Radley should go back to the bench and Liu to 13. Vic is too dynamic and is better with the ball in hand more often, ie dummy half.

I like Butcher as a sub. Aubusson and Matterson are too similar and Tetevano holds his own.

Pack:
                  JWH
                  Friend
                  Napa
                  Cordner
                  SST
                  Liu

Bench:
                  Tetevano
                  Butcher
                  Matterson
                  Radley
                  Radley is way too crucial as a distributor from lock forward, I agree that his performance has dropped but his role can't be underestimated in our transformation post Anzac day. He allows both Cronk & Keary the ability to play as split halves and a lot wider of the ruck.

I think it's pretty clear that Robbo wants to lead in with a Radley/Matto combo at lock into the finals. Both have the ability to play as a distributor from first receiver. Liu will see out the season on the right edge.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

Was those run metres all by forwards?

As our back 3 made by far the most
                    Tauks, Liu & Cordner all made significant contributions. No doubt Toops & Fergo are like extra forwards for us.

Comment

We miss Jared, who was taken out of the game by foul play,

Comment

our backline including the halves made 950 of those metres, only around 800 metres from our forwards, 430 of those from cordner, SST and Liu. radley make 95 leaving 6 forwards making under 300 metres between them.
                        i quite like a forward pack but as soon JWH is gone they struggle to dominate. one player shouldnt make a strong pack

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

This is where Bennett has yet again, out coached Robinson. And Robinson will still have no idea why he keeps losing to Bennett.

Comment

Originally posted by Toots View Post

This is where Bennett has yet again, out coached Robinson. And Robinson will still have no idea why he keeps losing to Bennett.
                            Will you be our coach please Toots?

Why can no one see it.

Comment

Radley is way too crucial as a distributor from lock forward, I agree that his performance has dropped but his role can't be underestimated in our transformation post Anzac day. He allows both Cronk & Keary the ability to play as split halves and a lot wider of the ruck.

I think it's pretty clear that Robbo wants to lead in with a Radley/Matto combo at lock into the finals. Both have the ability to play as a distributor from first receiver. Liu will see out the season on the right edge.
                              I can see how we have altered our attack to be like that but it doesn’t suit the power game that works for us.
                              Especially now that our potent outside backs aren’t seeing enough quality early ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X