The boys are in camp - Somewhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The boys are in camp - Somewhere

The boys are in camp for a couple of days this week. Not sure where, but hopefully not at the same place St.George just had a camp.

Interesting the team had a camp planned at sunny Avoca beach the same week they were scheduled to play in cold wet Canberra.
    The way they played yesterday it looked like it was a good holiday.

Comment

Mabye matto can do a bit of passing practice at the camp.Id nail a lifesize poster of Latrell to a tree and make matto hit it with a pass 500 times a day

Comment

Is there any chance they had a heavy loading training camp to try and peak for the finals? I know a lot of the teams in different sports employ this method before the finals

Comment

The first thing I noticed in the game was their line speed was very lethargic.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
            Is there any chance they had a heavy loading training camp to try and peak for the finals? I know a lot of the teams in different sports employ this method before the finals
            Could be it and, tbh, I'm happy if that stuff stays behind closed doors. Why should we tell everyone what we're doing?

Comment

I'm pretty sure Keegan Smith looks after their diets and training. Rest assured he's one of the best in the business. Teams cannot possibly stay up for 26 weeks of the year. I couldn't care less about the Canberra result provided we peak in the finals. I reckon we're one of the few sides that haven't shown top gear this year.

Comment

100%.
                Look at the last few rounds of 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

I'm pretty sure Keegan Smith looks after their diets and training. Rest assured he's one of the best in the business. Teams cannot possibly stay up for 26 weeks of the year. I couldn't care less about the Canberra result provided we peak in the finals. I reckon we're one of the few sides that haven't shown top gear this year.
                  I remember waiting for us to reach top gear last year too.

Comment

Be interesting to know. I suspect the 3 man bench could be part of a tactic along those lines. Smash the boys, get them used to playing with 1/2 a tank left and then unleash them upon the finals contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchook View Post

I don’t think Keegan has had anything to do with us for a while. Robbo’s brother Dean is a consultant with the strength and conditioning staff, otherwise it’s Travis Touma.

Comment

Patrick Lane is/was the strength and conditioning coach.
                        Not sure if there is a specific person for diets, there is more staff than players from club physiologist to catching coach there must be someone there for diets.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

I don’t think Keegan has had anything to do with us for a while. Robbo’s brother Dean is a consultant with the strength and conditioning staff, otherwise it’s Travis Touma.
                          I may be wrong but I thought he left for a few years but returned this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X