Clear All

Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
    With a bit of luck and my gut feel it might not be anything at all
    And a lot of optimism

Comment

It will be 2 weeks. Always 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
        The four week max on this injury is a big plus. We can't bring him back too early. Keep Luke fresh and raring to go. This could turn out to be a positive as it gives us the flexibility now to move a couple of players around and cover bases just in case. That can't hurt us as a team - I see it as a plus. We did okay against the Titans with a patched up side and the young guys got invaluable experience. It will all count coome finals time.

I'd have Matto first choice as he can run and slip a ball in traffic. There is no Keary style replacement (Maloney was the closest) in our club. Lam has not tasted first grade and SOS and Cornish are not natural runners. Radley? Not sure about five eighth, kicking etc and that counts Aubbo out who did play five eighth coming through our ranks. Even did so in an U-20's grand final that we lost from memory. But could put Matto there and bring Butcher up. We'll soon see what Trent thinks.
        I think he might go with matto as well , another big body and back our defence to get by until Keary returns from injury.

Comment

I’d give Radley the number 6 before the Matterhorn. The kid’s got the footy brain and eyes-up play style that you need in the halves. Also will be a better defender that SOS (smaller) or Matterson (lacking in lateral agility due to being swole)
          It's scientifically impossible for Easts to be in Souths' shadow when there's daylight between them and us.
          Easts to win

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
            and that counts Aubbo out who did play five eighth coming through our ranks.
            Aubbo never played 5/8 at all. Early in his First Grade career, Freddy decided to pick him at 5/8 and he played one game and was terrible. He played in the backrow in our Under 20's.

Comment

O'Sully. He is slow but at least he has a kicking game.

Comment

I think it's a tough pick between radley and SOS. I would not put Matterson at 5/8, I think that would be a really bad move.

A principle to the change would be - who do we pick that is most similar to Keary so we don't need to change our style of play too drastically?

Matterson is not that person, neither is Aubo. Both lack the running, drawing and passing game that Keary has.

Based on that principle, it's got to be Radley although I'd be careful about changing his current role too much since it's working a treat for us

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                  O'Sully. He is slow but at least he has a kicking game.
                  He seems the logical choice,but his lack of speed is a concern..

He has a smart footy brain and a nice pass on him so I’m sure he will be instructed to feed the flyers on his outside as much as possible..

As you said though he possess a good kicking game also

Logical choice

Comment

Teams going well as is - like a few have said we need definately to make one change in replacing Keary but putting Radley there means we will be making two changes because then someone has to replace him. Probably too much tinkering with what is currently working. SOS seems the least disruptive choice then i think as that's the only change. Agreed though he is way more cronk than keary - hows Lams running game. Is SOS slow? I missed that titans game he played so havent seen much of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Sherlock's Mo View Post
                      I’d give Radley the number 6 before the Matterhorn. The kid’s got the footy brain and eyes-up play style that you need in the halves. Also will be a better defender that SOS (smaller) or Matterson (lacking in lateral agility due to being swole)
                      It's been a while KSM. Radley seems to have the gift of being able to read the play before it happens, much like Brett Kenny could. He would have a massive impact at 6.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post
                        Teams going well as is - like a few have said we need definately to make one change in replacing Keary but putting Radley there means we will be making two changes because then someone has to replace him. Probably too much tinkering with what is currently working. SOS seems the least disruptive choice then i think as that's the only change. Agreed though he is way more cronk than keary - hows Lams running game. Is SOS slow? I missed that titans game he played so havent seen much of him.
                        Lip, easy fix - Radley @ 6, Nat Butcher starts at lock for him.

Comment

Will Cronk be targeted on the 5th tackle as the lone kicker ?
                          If Radley plays in 6 does he have a kicking game ?
                          Will Jake Friend kick more?

Comment

Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
                            Will Cronk be targeted on the 5th tackle as the lone kicker ?
                            If Radley plays in 6 does he have a kicking game ?
                            Will Jake Friend kick more?
                            How would Cronk go in kearys role?

let sos do a basic organiser role, and give Cronk the running game, would be interesting watching Cronk play a bit random.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

How would Cronk go in kearys role?

let sos do a basic organiser role, and give Cronk the running game, would be interesting watching Cronk play a bit random.
                              Not for me ....the old feet aren't quick enough outside a rookie half. Im not sure if Cooper could even play that role, his rugby league life is built on structure and repetition.

Comment

SOS played at 5/8 on Sunday for the Roos and went pretty well. I don’t think he is slow. He’s just not as quick as Keary. Few are. He has a reasonably good kicking game. Can’t expect Cronk to do all the kicks. He is targeted now. He needs a 5/8 who will share the load. Also the thought of moving Cronk to 5/8 is ridiculous. He is organising our team and is the voice on the field now. He would give SOS confidence on the field as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X