Pearce for Test Halfback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearce for Test Halfback?

I think that Pearce may be the Steven Bradbury of test halfbacks. In fact, I hope he is.

Look at the other candidates.

Hunt is a joke.

Cleary did absolutely nothing in Origin and plays second-fiddle to Maloney at Penrith.

DCE was great in the last Origin game but his Manly form stinks.

Cronk and Thurston are out of the running.

Mal will probably end up going with DCE or the Cleary/Maloney double but if Pearce has a strong end to the season he should be in the running.

Hahaha... I thought we ran out of this sort of bait a few months ago?
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Morgan also out of the running, but Munster is there.
      If MP were at the Roosters and we went deep into September he'd have a chance to showcase himself, but with the Knights not going to make the eight - I'd say unlikely.
      Still, you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
        I think that Pearce may be the Steven Bradbury of test halfbacks. In fact, I hope he is.

Hunt is a joke.

Cleary did absolutely nothing in Origin and plays second-fiddle to Maloney at Penrith.

Mal will probably end up going with DCE or the Cleary/Maloney double but if Pearce has a strong end to the season he should be in the running.
        I doubt it John. Unfortunately for Mitch, he will be judged on his representative form which is likely to rule him out of contention. He had plenty of chances to shine in SOO and didn't. As for Morgan he may not be fit and didn;t play the rep games so should be out of the reckoning.

I think the selectors will go with either DCE, as he did grab the bull by the horns and has shown that he can perform at top level, or chose Nathan Cleary and possibly even the Cleary/Maloney combo. I don't think Cleary did a lot wrong and he ran the side very well when Maloney went off. So I would still rate him ahead of Mitch as he didn't put a foot wrong under pressure.

We have to remember that before Pearce was injured he wasn't even being considered by Freddy as NSW half at all. All the talk was whether Cleary would be fit enough in time for SOO. He achieved that and for mine made a credible, if unspectacular debut. So I think they'll go with the guys that the state selectors have already pencilled in. Put it this way. I even think Maloney would be well ahead of Pearce in the reckoning. Again Maloney has performed better at rep level and Munster can always slot in at five eighth, if Jimmy got the nod.

Comment

I say no way JT,they will stick with other options before even considering Mitch I reckon..

Comment

I doubt it very much. I also hope we think long and hard before paying big money for Cleary whom so far on what I see is nothing more than a solid steady halfback who has won a SOO series because he was in the right place at the right time Unlike Pearce who SOO wise was in the right place at the wrong time.
            We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
            Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

They could well play Maloney at 7 and Munster at 6. I think given the available options that is what I would do.

Comment

I thought that taste of vomit was from the lunch my wife just made, nope it was definitely JTs comment
                Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                  I doubt it very much. I also hope we think long and hard before paying big money for Cleary whom so far on what I see is nothing more than a solid steady halfback who has won a SOO series because he was in the right place at the right time Unlike Pearce who SOO wise was in the right place at the wrong time.
                  Yep nothin i see to get over excited about. Nsw won a series with trent hodskinson at half. The excitement surrounding cleary is almost ponga like, but pongas hype is warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

Yep nothin i see to get over excited about. Nsw won a series with trent hodskinson at half. The excitement surrounding cleary is almost ponga like, but pongas hype is warranted.
                    So true mate,can’t believe the media had Ponga and Cleary in the same sentence as the next superstars of the game..

Clearly no comparison as Ponga is a freak and does something special every game,whereas Cleary just seems like a steady no thrills type footballer..

Ponga will no doubt be compared to the some of the greats down the track if he can stay relatively injury free..

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                      They could well play Maloney at 7 and Munster at 6. I think given the available options that is what I would do.
                      That's what I reckon will happen. Meninga has always said that Origin form is the key guide when he picks his Aussie team

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                        1 million per cent if they are fit. Maloney will be the goal kicker & Munster is the best 5/8 in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Hunt is a joke.

If it's not Maloney Munster it will be a Queenslander & Munster. Mals the coach.
                          Pearcy will be in the Prime Ministers 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

That's what I reckon will happen. Meninga has always said that Origin form is the key guide when he picks his Aussie team
                            He just makes things up as he goes last year Meninga picked Tom Trbojevic who had not played origin or semi final football ahead of Tedesco.
                            One last indulgence for his mate Bozzo.
                            Now being talked up as an immortal... please....has won the lottery with the players in his time as a coach of QLD and Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

He just makes things up as he goes last year Meninga picked Tom Trbojevic who had not played origin or semi final football ahead of Tedesco.
                              One last indulgence for his mate Bozzo.
                              Now being talked up as an immortal... please....has won the lottery with the players in his time as a coach of QLD and Australia.
                              I can understand that selection. Turbo can cover wing fullback and centres (which he ended up playing) and Teddy is a fullback/winger.

Comment

Working...
                              X