Official Match Thread - Newcastle Knights vs Sydney Roosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
    Holy **** we're a stressful team to follow.

FFS can I just have one game where I'm not having a heart attack at the end?
    How about the GF?

Comment

Game managers were never gonna let that happen in Newcastle today

Comment

Tell me about it,another stress game next week against the Panthers haha

Comment

• Well it's 2 more points.....onto the Pennies.

Comment

• GREAT WIN against both a knights team that really turned up and the refs who did all in their power to give the game to them. Man of the match Ferguson.
            “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Credit to the Knights who never gave up but the Chooks really need to start finding premiership winning form as they will be found out against better sides if they don't - Next Friday will be a test to see where they are really at against a very good Penrith side at home one has to say- Still below what is expected and required to be a premiership chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                Can we win a game that doesn't end in the opposition throwing a bunch of hail mary passes after the full time siren has gone to try and win the game.

Pretty please?
                These games are better for us heading in to the semis than winning early and clocking off. Winning becomes a habit but confidence in holding out comes from experience.

Comment

• We killed them in the first round and they had a better side with Pearce. We scraped home second round and they were also without Safiti. Have we gone backwards and have they gone forwards? Or did their coach do his homework better for this game. We had enough ball.

Early in the season we had critics on here saying we were playing too much out the back. Now we're playing too much on the ball. Got to agree we shouldn't play either way TOO much. But the more I look the more I see this as a coaching issue. I don't blame the players. The team still looks far to structured and playing in straight jackets half the time.

Keary relentlessly looking for Mitchell forcing passes and making mistakes. Hardly any inside balls of those plays. The only spark seems to be from individual efforts via Mitchell, Ferguson and even Manu in this game. The predictable bombs are coming back. It's Trent's plan, we can't blame Pearce and/or Cronk for that. They are coached to do it.

And disappointed with the waste of a bench space. If we're not going to play them - don't pick them. It is putting extra pressure on the players, especially when one of them gets ten minutes in the bin anyway. We could have given involved Baptiste in the game and if not, picked Collins and given him some game time.
                  Last edited by Louis N; 06-09-2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• The Burgearse twits have picked up their game this year while JWH is up and down. Got away with two close head highs in that last minute when we already bin pinned a couple of times before. Come on!!! Anyway at least we won.

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                      GREAT WIN against both a knights team that really turned up and the refs who did all in their power to give the game to them. Man of the match Ferguson.
                      Yep, two weeks in a row our wingers are in man of the match talk,

something doesn’t seem right about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by stringaz View Post

Rested
                        Thanks. I was worried he was injured.

“Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• We brought em back in the game with those two high shots.

if I was Nathan Brown I'd have Ponga at 5/8 so he touches it a few times every set. Kid is a star.
                          Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

• Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                            We brought em back in the game with those two high shots.

if I was Nathan Brown I'd have Ponga at 5/8 so he touches it a few times every set. Kid is a star.
                            He certainly is. I don't think he's had a bad game this year. Plays like he has spiders on him and very light on his feet. But fullback gives him the license to roam in attack. Five eighth he would handle without a problem. I thought we gave him to much time by not moving up and allowing him to dance around a bit tonight. But that might have been the plan to hold our ground and pick off the runners.

Comment

• The knights threw everything at us and we were lucky to win considering our penalties.

Comment

• Dont think fergo's was a high shot just ball and all . We got the points and did enough to win . Knights are incredibly tough to beat at home, their fans are worth 10 points at least. I think we went in with the 'we are gunna win ' mentality and are already (prematurely )focused on Panthers next week.. Great game Radley Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X