No announcement yet.

Cameron Smith announces his retirement from representative rugby league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has seen the writing on the wall. He has realised that he is not protected as much anymore and is not able to get his way with the referees
    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
    sigpic

Comment

I actually couldn’t care less. As good a player as he is I have no time for him or his arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
        I actually couldn’t care less. As good a player as he is I have no time for him or his arrogance.
        Sounds like your favorite M Pearce, with twice the talent lol

i do agree though I could not give a rats arse as well
        Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

Sounds like your favorite M Pearce, with twice the talent lol

i do agree though I could not give a rats arse as well
          Lol...you really need to get off this obsession with Mitchell Pearce being one of my faves. My fave Roosters over the past few years have been Mitch Aubo, Cordner, Latrell, SST, JWH, Keary and Toops. All ahead of Pearce. In fact I've never particularly liked Pearce all that much. All I've ever done is defended him against those who blamed him as being the sole reason for our woes. That's the kind of girl I am. My instincts are to defend people that I think are being ambushed or singled out for unbalanced or unfair criticism. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your little Pearce dig is purely tongue in cheek.

Out of curiosity and at the risk of being flamed, do you think our attack is better or worse without Pearce? I think it will eventually improve and all come together. But I suggest the reason we have been struggling so much in attack is because our entire attacking structure for the past 5 years under Robbo revolved around Pearce. Cronk is clearly the better game manager and far more composed under pressure. But I think Pearce provided so much more energy with our attack. His biggest downfall was his pannicked play under pressure and his inability to ice games.

Comment

But I suggest the reason we have been struggling so much in attack is because our entire attacking structure for the past 5 years under Robbo revolved around Pearce. Cronk is clearly the better game manager and far more composed under pressure. But I think Pearce provided so much more energy with our attack. His biggest downfall was his pannicked play under pressure and his inability to ice games.
            Exactly right MR, the entire attacking structure was custom designed & built to suit Pearce's game. Not only do the guys have to learn to play with a different half, but they have to unlearn all the stuff that they came to do automatically through repetition over the last 5 years. It's no wonder it is taking time, especially given the interrupted pre-season between the late World Cup arrivals of Cooper & Teddy plus Keary's injury. There will be a few dusty performances to sit through yet I would think, with our best footy to come at the back end of the comp. That might actually work to our advantage if the timing is right..

Comment

Seems very strange to me that Smith retires BEFORE the series. Surely one last hurrah would be normal. Sounds like he is putting Melbourne ahead of Queensland. Very disappointing, he will have many years of free time to spend with his wife and kids. Strange.

Comment

Lol...you really need to get off this obsession with Mitchell Pearce being one of my faves. My fave Roosters over the past few years have been Mitch Aubo, Cordner, Latrell, SST, JWH, Keary and Toops. All ahead of Pearce. In fact I've never particularly liked Pearce all that much. All I've ever done is defended him against those who blamed him as being the sole reason for our woes. That's the kind of girl I am. My instincts are to defend people that I think are being ambushed or singled out for unbalanced or unfair criticism. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your little Pearce dig is purely tongue in cheek.

Out of curiosity and at the risk of being flamed, do you think our attack is better or worse without Pearce? I think it will eventually improve and all come together. But I suggest the reason we have been struggling so much in attack is because our entire attacking structure for the past 5 years under Robbo revolved around Pearce. Cronk is clearly the better game manager and far more composed under pressure. But I think Pearce provided so much more energy with our attack. His biggest downfall was his pannicked play under pressure and his inability to ice games.
                I think our attack is struggling at times because of

a) the slow and poor service from dummy half, our previous half had gotten used to this, Cronk just needs time to adjust to a later receipt of the ball, in more difficult areas to take, behind or above him instead of out in front. This means our whole backline has to either stop and wait or over run the ball, which is clearly happening far to often

Comment

a) the slow and poor service from dummy half, our previous half had gotten used to this, Cronk just needs time to adjust to a later receipt of the ball, in more difficult areas to take, behind or above him instead of out in front. This means our whole backline has to either stop and wait or over run the ball, which is clearly happening far to often
                  About as clueless as Tobin. In fact I think you are Tobin. The Thracian = John Tobin’s alt account. It’s as clear as day...

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

About as clueless as Tobin. In fact I think you are Tobin. The Thracian = John Tobin’s alt account. It’s as clear as day...
                    What is clear is you do not actually watch the game, Jake offers alot to the team, however you are deluded if you think his service from dummy half is quick, crisp and accurate

Comment

What is clear is you do not actually watch the game, Jake offers alot to the team, however you are deluded if you think his service from dummy half is quick, crisp and accurate
                      Sure thing Tobes

Comment

I agree Jake's service hasn't been great though it was better in the last game. I think the whole issue can't be blamed entirely on Jake and is far more complicated than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

Exactly right MR, the entire attacking structure was custom designed & built to suit Pearce's game. Not only do the guys have to learn to play with a different half, but they have to unlearn all the stuff that they came to do automatically through repetition over the last 5 years. It's no wonder it is taking time, especially given the interrupted pre-season between the late World Cup arrivals of Cooper & Teddy plus Keary's injury. There will be a few dusty performances to sit through yet I would think, with our best footy to come at the back end of the comp. That might actually work to our advantage if the timing is right..
                          Agree with you 100% Waylander. It will take time, longer than some people on here seem prepared to wait. I think it will start to click after Origin, assuming we don't lose anyone to injury during the Origin circus.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                            Jake has never had a blinder. Only a bender.
                            Hey , all you Knocker's ,
                            Why don't you just go an Fark Off-er's ??
                            You juz bein' mean ,
                            To Jake an the team ,
                            Whinge an whine when we beat ,
                            Go an play with youse meat !
                            But win ,draw, golden point or lose ...
                            For me ..it is ALWAYS ,
                            THE RED, WHITE AND BLUES !!
                            ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                              Seems very strange to me that Smith retires BEFORE the series. Surely one last hurrah would be normal. Sounds like he is putting Melbourne ahead of Queensland. Very disappointing, he will have many years of free time to spend with his wife and kids. Strange.
                              I reckon he just doesnt wanna go out with a loss. IMO QLD dont have the edge this year and will (for once) probably get beaten by NSW and their youth.

Unlike Cronk, Smith isnt interested in challenging himself. The game has been rigged in his favour through systematic cheating throughout his career. Be glad to see him go!

Comment

Originally posted by Crab View Post
                                Hey , all you Knocker's ,
                                Why don't you just go an Fark Off-er's ??
                                You juz bein' mean ,
                                To Jake an the team ,
                                Whinge an whine when we beat ,
                                Go an play with youse meat !
                                But win ,draw, golden point or lose ...
                                For me ..it is ALWAYS ,
                                THE RED, WHITE AND BLUES !!
                                ;
                                Wow , you can rhyme.
                                Jake will be alright now.

Comment

Working...