Robbo on fox tnt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbo on fox tnt

Just a heads up Robbo is on NRL 360 tonight at 6.30pm should be interesting viewing.

Cheers man
    Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

I wonder what his Anzac prematch speech will sound like. Inspiring or measured and system orientated.

Big game preparation and motivation is definitely a weakness in Trents coaching style.
      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

he needs some french passion in his pre match possibly his wife could do that for him?

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
          I wonder what his Anzac prematch speech will sound like. Inspiring or measured and system orientated.

Big game preparation and motivation is definitely a weakness in Trents coaching style.
          I may be the only one here but I don't see how the 2 points on offer this Wednesday are worth more than any other round and think it should be treated as such. I would rather a little more low key preparation and not get the players too worked up about this game.

Comment

Leave the motivational speeches for Hollywood.

If you're not motivated to perform in front of 40,000 on a day with the emotion behind it like ANZAC day has then a pep talk from your coach isnt going to do shit.

Comment

I can't help but be impressed by Robbo when I hear him speak on those shows. He is calm ,calculated and measured . He knows it's a long season and with two new players in our spine it is going to take awhile to gel.

Defence and stamina won us that game last week and if we can defend like that it will keep us in plenty of games.

Comment

Robbo was asked to define this bloody "Roosters style" that he mentions so frequently.

He said we "go through the front door"....we "go after teams".

Anyone want to have a crack at deciphering this?

Comment

I think it means play an up tempo flat fast style of footy. I think a lot of our errors are contact errors with the ball runners getting hit just as they catch the ball. That's my interpretation of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                    I think a lot of our errors are contact errors with the ball runners getting hit just as they catch the ball. That's my interpretation of it.
                    The errors you speak of JB annoy the shite out of me because you would come to expect that through repetition at training they would have timing and execution down pat. As much as i dislike the Storm they are masters at practicing and perfecting and consequently achieving high % completion rates. WTF is it with us then??

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                      Leave the motivational speeches for Hollywood.

If you're not motivated to perform in front of 40,000 on a day with the emotion behind it like ANZAC day has then a pep talk from your coach isnt going to do shit.
                      How bout preliminary finals?
                      How bout derbies against Souths at home in front of 15,000?

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

The errors you speak of JB annoy the shite out of me because you would come to expect that through repetition at training they would have timing and execution down pat. As much as i dislike the Storm they are masters at practicing and perfecting and consequently achieving high % completion rates. WTF is it with us then??
                        The Storm are shit scared of pissing off the coach and the inevitable hook that comes with not completing a basic principle of the game, such as holding onto the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

They annoy me too and are incredibly frustrating gman The storm are a well oiled machine and a lot of that I believe comes down to Cam Smith it all starts with him.
                          They lost inglis and they were still great.
                          They lost Slater and they still made a grand final.
                          They lost cronk and they are still effective.
                          I don't think it will be until Smith retires until they will have a decline in standards.
                          Wally Lewis was the best I've seen because I have never seen anyone look so much better than everyone else in origin against the best but Smith is the most valuable player I've seen. He is a winner and every team he plays in whether it's the storm, Qld or Australia win.

Comment

yea smith is the best ive seen at controllong game tempo and it is not even close, hes not quick, big or athletic but by god hes 2 or 3 plays ahead of everyone else , he jas a great motor and rarely looks tired after a game ? does anyone notice that ? he works damn hard but seems loke hes been for a casual jog not belting guys 20 kgheavier then him, i still hate him but damn hes thr best hooker ive seen buly miles

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                              The Storm are shit scared of pissing off the coach and the inevitable hook that comes with not completing a basic principle of the game, such as holding onto the ball.
                              Precisely. Gee, Cronk must be banging his head up against the bedroom wall in frustration when comparing Melb/Roosters playing standards & expectations.

Coach Robbo on NRL360 used the analogy of building a house. In his opinion after RD7 we're still building the foundations.
                              Well, at this rate i'm unsure whether Uncle Nick will get the 2nd storey up by September 2018. More application and consistency by all workers involved in the development.

Comment

Working...
                              X