Game Day: Rd7 Roosters Vs Bulldogs @ ANZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stringaz View Post

Ken oath, we just banked 2 points in a game that could of been easily lost, obviously isn't our best win but that defence got me moist.

Cheer up chook penners.
    I meant from an NRL perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
      I can’t remember a more devastating centre at our club than Latrell. Maybe Noel Cleal but even he falls short.
      Cleal was a beast in the centres

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Jake's doing a good job.

Drop the agenda.
        Is “the agenda” jakes new nickname? Love it

agree. Drop the agenda!
        Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I meant from an NRL perspective.
          **** the NRL and **** the Bulldogs
          i know where your coming from though

Comment

• Absorbing game.

Couldnt be prouder of the defence and attitude to win the game, and play tough for each other.

One of those games where everyone contributed and was hard to pick a motm. Cords probably just for me.

Well done Sutton for a Harrigan-esq performance too...letting the players decide the result. More of the same.

Comment

That's one of my all time favourite games. The level of play in that game was incredible and the defensive efforts were something I've never seen in a game before.

Please don't compare it to that garbage tonight. The only thing they had in common was they were low scoring games.

A lot of pride can be taken out of keeping them to 0 given how much possession the Dogs had, says a lot about their intent and character. But the quality of play was shocking, the dogs attack was horrendous.
              Good to hear. And that's exactly what i was getting at. I've watched that game many times. I think it's what Robbo brought to us.

The Dogs attack was based upon bashing down the centre and offloading. But they had the representative pack to do it and we held them on our line pretty effectively. The Dogs controlled possession well but our defence kept frustrating them.

The positive were we didn't panic and held our line. The team worked as a team. Gotta thank the Dogs five eighth for some bad choices but put it down to pressure as well. It wasn't a pretty game. We didn't control the ball well enough. But it was a win based on guts and the side pulling together. Frustrating and heart in mouth. Would I be saying the same had we lost 6 nil. Probably not...it was about winning the graft in the end. And I do believe it will do our spirit good.

Comment

• Fantastic effort in defence tonight we showed some real grit and determination. Woods was a real handful and back to his best form and with all that weight of possession against us we really stuck to our guns. Those repeat sets through a combination of good kicks and some good fortune were hard to repel.
                Teddy marshalled them from the back and aubo stiffened the right edge.
                We made some silly errors in attack and I thought cronk might have directed them towards the posts for a field goal when we had our rare opportunities.
                All in all a terrific effort and certainly makes the weekend more enjoyable after a win.
                Go the roosters

Comment

• Originally posted by The Axe View Post

Is “the agenda” jakes new nickname? Love it

agree. Drop the agenda!
                  yawn

Comment

• Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                    Cleal was a beast in the centres
                    Cleal was a beast - Harris was better and beastier And Mitchell can be better than both. He probably already is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Louis N View Post

Cleal was a beast - Harris was better and beastier And Mitchell can be better than both. He probably already is.
                      He’s a freak!

Comment

• watching that was like the death of a thousand cuts, but we didn't die. We certainly have massive upside in attack, but Matterson, Radley , Cordner and Aubo in defence were excellent. It was ugly, but plenty of guts shown and that's a huge plus. I think a lot of guys gained a lot of respect for their team mates that can only help us as the season goes on. It's a start, we certainly need to improve to compete with the Dragons , Penrith or Melbourne But we have to be a lot happier with our team than we were last week. Fergo was massive in taking the ball up, and Cordner. Man they all looked wasted at full time. It was hard to watch , but we got the 2 points and we showed a lot of guts. Lots of blue sky ahead.

Comment

You've been a big advocate of Cronk for a long time.

Curious to see what you think the differences have been in attack, set construction and game control have been compared to when Pearce was our halfback.

We're clearly a very different side and at the moment probably for the worse but to be fair you've got to give Cronk time. What is it that you're seeing that keeps you optimistic we'll turn it around this season in attack?
                          Was waiting to see how long it took you to bring up Pearce R6.

You're like the the jilted ex. Get over him. We are here to counsel
                          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• Originally posted by Louis N View Post
                            Great game...but Latrell throwing that pass to Joey with five seconds on the clock and us up 6 nil was too ambitious. But that was a great win against all odds.
                            Called it the same live
                            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

You reckon the defensive focus of tonight's performance might be in prep for that exactly? Aubusson into centre is a big indication of that IMO.
                              Whilst I don't agree with Aubusson in the centres, we looked much better with him starting.

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• People are forgetting that we had to defend for 10 minutes with 12 players which would have taken a huge effort and stifled our attack.
                                After last weeks pathetic effort in defence Robbo would have worked all week on defence.
                                We have been poor all year with our completions which is a big worry considering we have hardly attempted an off load but hopefully that will come next week against the Dragqueens.
                                Go the Chooks just happy to get away with the win.
                                Was happy with our fringe forwards tonight all played a part and were solid.

Comment

Working...
                                X