Cronk on Big League Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theGman View Post
    The return of the modern day captain-coach. I reckon players like he and Cam Smith would handle the role comfortably.
    No they couldn't. Being head coach is more than just game plans and training

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
      Cronk more or less said Friend has the full support of the board.
      shit, that means he gooooorneeeee.

Comment

Friend is still the man for the job and always will be..

Infact, we have embarrassed this club with what we have been public ally saying about Jake Friend and calling for his head. Personally I have no problem with the way he has been playing and I am glad we are finding our faults this early in the season instead in rounds 17, 18.......

Just makes the supporters of this club look more pathetic than clubs like the Bulldogs who always bag out their own players coach and administration. We are no where near that level, and we should not be booing our club captain and the bloke who makes more tackles than any other member of our team on the field. He had one bad play so what, name one first grader who hasn't???

Including the stuff on Facebook pages people are posting, just absolutely pathetic and it has been going on since Round 1. It is taking its time but you can see the signs that it is working and that it will work in the long term but I expect they will hit back on Thursday with a bang, and be ready so shut down the Dragons on Anzac Day.

Comment

We were right on Finch.

Comment

It was the "nicest" way Cronk could both support Jake but also show he aint happy with what hes dishing up. Clever and professional....yet again.

The other interesting comment when asked about Teddy was him saying that Robbo is the most "technical" coach Teddy has ever played under. This is challenging for Teddy in that hes trying to remember all those technicalities and still play with his natural flair. Cooper kept reinforcing the need for league plans and structures to always be "simple". Maybe its a similar clever comment on the coach and whats not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Aboud View Post

Infact, we have embarrassed this club with what we have been public ally saying about Jake Friend and calling for his head. Personally I have no problem with the way he has been playing and I am glad we are finding our faults this early in the season instead in rounds 17, 18.......

Just makes the supporters of this club look more pathetic than clubs like the Bulldogs who always bag out their own players coach and administration. We are no where near that level, and we should not be booing our club captain and the bloke who makes more tackles than any other member of our team on the field. He had one bad play so what, name one first grader who hasn't???

Including the stuff on Facebook pages people are posting, just absolutely pathetic and it has been going on since Round 1. It is taking its time but you can see the signs that it is working and that it will work in the long term but I expect they will hit back on Thursday with a bang, and be ready so shut down the Dragons on Anzac Day.
              Right on man. Couldn’t agree more.

The backlash against Jake is pretty ordinary. Fans booing him at games are a disgrace. It’s only happening because all the previous scapegoats are gone.

Comment

He is still the man for the job and always will be? Sounds like you are talking about Brad Fittler or someone like that.

Apparently he was booed several times in the match against Souths. If one's own fans start booing you during the game (not that I have done that myself), it usually says a lot more about that players poor performances that it does the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

Right on man. Couldn’t agree more.

The backlash against Jake is pretty ordinary. Fans booing him at games are a disgrace. It’s only happening because all the previous scapegoats are gone.
                  You are right, it has nothing to do with his woeful performances. Blame the fans and praise the worst hooker in the comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                    We were right on Finch.
                    But not about Mini.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Strange. I was sure that Cronk would voice the same opinion as us the fans have of Friend. I can't believe Cooper lied and didn't tell us how crap he really thinks Jake Friend is.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

But not about Mini.

Yeah it’s Mini all over again. A long standing player that some fans have turned on due to over familiarity as much as anything else.

Probably the same people doing it too.

Comment

Says the guy who jumped at the defence of SKD when supporters were rightfully bagging him out..
                          Where’s your buddy now hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

No they couldn't. Being head coach is more than just game plans and training
                            In your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                              Says the guy who jumped at the defence of SKD when supporters were rightfully bagging him out..
                              Where’s your buddy now hahahahaha
                              Of course I would, he played and won a GF for us with a broken jaw. He also scored in that GF as well. Any player in that 2013 team that is still in the team I will also support no matter what......

Who are we to say that who belongs in the team on a week to week basis when it is not us out there doing the job? What you think the fans can do a better job????

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

Yeah it’s Mini all over again. A long standing player that some fans have turned on due to over familiarity as much as anything else.

Probably the same people doing it too.
                                Nah Mini was and is a legend for mine will always be our greatest ever Fullaback who overcame insurmountable odds to even get back on the field... Did he have his moments ( Mini moments ) yup he did, but the good by far out weighed the bad by far....

Jake well he isn't in the same league as Mini.

Comment

Working...
                                X